Homebrew?

Moi

WiiChat Member
Jan 12, 2010
Belgium
Wii Online Code
8964-0259-8859-0547
Is it okay to talk about homebrew? or not? I was just wondering..

Homebrew is usually closely associated modding, so I'm not sure, to be honest.

who wants to pose a question and take the risk of being banned? :p

Is it okay to talk about homebrew? or not? I was just wondering..

No not really, but i've checked, tehskeen.com, is SHUT DOWN, dont ask y, i was suprised to see it shut down. but u may try wiibrew.com, thats all i'll say, but No homebrew isn't allowed here, read the rules first plz

i think this is it, no sure though...

18. No Warez

Posting up and asking for illegal warez is strictly prohibited. This includes but is not limited to: ROMs, isos, and game cracks. Violation of this Rule will usually result anywhere from a Warning to a Ban, depending on the offense.

well it's my first forum I'm active on, I have a little knowledge about forums but not much so I don't know where the rules are located :$

No problem, thanks

welcome, i had homebrew once, had like 50 nes games, 30 snes, 9 or 15 genesis games, 6 gameboy and homebrew games. and some homebrew games like Mahjong which was my fave. but i updated to 4.1 or 4.2 and i wanted to override the killing of the hb but i forgot to do one step just one, wiped out my homebrew, clean slate now.

i dunno if i can get it bak may someone PM me and tell me how? if any1 cud i'd so appreciate it.

why don't we ask one of the admins?

umm... homebrew doesnt really apply to the warez rule.

Nintendo don't like the Homebrew channel so we are not allowed to speak of it openly.
Its not illegal (like emulators), but it can be used for things we are not allowed to speak of.(roms and copys)

Its best not to talk of it outside of some kind of PM discussion.
Witch is a shame as there's some good Homebrew games that are gold while some Wii games are tarmac

castlezelda a buddy of mine just hooked me up with the homebrew channel ,and im 4.2u firmware so i could help ya. I want to make something clear though that confused me at first.

While yes using Homebrew Channel you can make means to get emulators to play roms of old systems. You can not however play pirated retail games with the homebrew channel unless you go through the means of softmodding through applications that you can download with the homebrew channel.

I didnt go this route though as A) Wii devs need all the support they can get & B) there are too many conflicting tuts on how to do it which makes it way too risky.

Back