Honestly Ps3 vs 360 vs Wii

Yea well, I hope re5's graphics are as good as the RE1 remake cuz fucking hell when i saw those graphics i was like "theres no way gamecube can do that". Well anyways i agree the ps3 is fucking expensive which is basically the only thing stopping its garunteed first place. Also there arent alot of good launch titles, the better games are prepared for 2007 and 2008. But this is just theb eginning right, go back to 2000 when ps2 first came out and like 2002 when xbox and gamecube came out. Now its 2006. Imagine the games in 2010!! Anyways ps3 for me im just here to read about what ps3 is up against and im pretty sure it will beat the 360. Sony has held the crown for the best console twice now for both playstation and playstation 2. Lets see what ps3 turns out to be. Seeing as how im talking about ps3 so much on a nintendo site, i heard theres a re game coming out for wii? Whats its name and whats gonig to be happening in it?

Gewtin said:
Yea well, I hope re5's graphics are as good as the RE1 remake cuz fucking hell when i saw those graphics i was like "theres no way gamecube can do that". Well anyways i agree the ps3 is fucking expensive which is basically the only thing stopping its garunteed first place. Also there arent alot of good launch titles, the better games are prepared for 2007 and 2008. But this is just theb eginning right, go back to 2000 when ps2 first came out and like 2002 when xbox and gamecube came out. Now its 2006. Imagine the games in 2010!! Anyways ps3 for me im just here to read about what ps3 is up against and im pretty sure it will beat the 360. Sony has held the crown for the best console twice now for both playstation and playstation 2. Lets see what ps3 turns out to be. Seeing as how im talking about ps3 so much on a nintendo site, i heard theres a re game coming out for wii? Whats its name and whats gonig to be happening in it?
Exactly, all the great PS3 titles arnt going to be out until next year, which is why the PS3 fails to me at the moment.

I always thought gamecube was a panzy cause it couldn't play dvd's or cd's. Im assuming the Wii will be able to play dvd's and cd's right? And possibly more?
and
I seriously don't get why people care if consoles play dvds
Oh please! I don't care if the GC had access to DVDs and CDs, or whether I could play PC games on it, personally I would rather play them on my PC or in the CD/DVD player next to the GC in my lounge room. These extra features enhance the console but they don't improve the quality of the games that are played on these consoles. I didn't mind at all about the small disc size for the GC games as I knew straight away that Nintendo was trying to minimise the loading times that often disrupt game flow for XBOX, PS# and PC. When I played Metroid Prime the graphics were great quality and the gameplay great fun and there was hardly any loading times - longest was about 3 - 4 seconds. And I didn't realise the loading time because it was a video clip that was very cleverly placed when changing from level to level showing Samus Aran standing on the portal and moving to another while on the moving portal. The loading data was being run at the same time as the video clip and there were no load bars at all in this game.

I'm sure everyone knows that the larger the disc used in the game console for playing a game, the longer the loading time it takes to load the game so that you can play it.

I don't think any specific console is beating another. We, the gamers, are the winners this time around.
Interesting statement. It's almost like saying consoles will never win if there are no people to get them interested in them in the first place. Same with games.

The Xbox 360 will have the best exclusive shooters, a.k.a Halo 3 and Gears of War with more to follow and probably the best online setup because Xbox Live is THE BEST ONLINE SYSTEM currently and everyone knows that.
Thats almost like playing computer games again but in the lounge room instead of the computer room. Hence the reason I don't like XBOX. Online playing? Sounds like fun, tried it, enjoyed it but I find its a hell lot more fun playing against someone in the same room. Super Smash Bros Melee anyone?
Another thing is that I get dead bored with FPS as they are all the same really and there's not much change from one FPS to another. Halo vs TimeSplitters is an example. Although I've played doom 1. That was fun even tho the graphics sucked real bad relative to my GC and the computer games that are currently in store.

Someone growing up playing nintendo is obviously going to be a fan of nintendo
I admit I grew up with Nintendo as a school kid and am still a fan of their games!

The other thing with the FPS's is that they play far better on a mouse and keyboard than on a control pad and since just about all xbox shooters are on pc, that sort of debunks it. I really don't have a problem with playstation (except that I think the technology raising the price is bad for them), and I think once the price drops and the next releases in sony's exclusive series come it will really hit off, but, especially with its rejection by Japan, I have no faith in the xbox

Last edited:
Homicidal_Gamer said:
I see it the same way, I mean why do people care about any of that extra crap at all? We buy game systems for what they're GAME systems, not because there's some added technology that doesnt have anything to do with our gaming experience.
that i do not fully agree with as i have been gaming for quite some years and for my last system i chose the xbox (almost a ps2) for features that would enhance my enjoyment of the console the dvd player option meant it could store more info on each game disk .. thats why it was important to me more space means more features or a longer game
the hard drive also was important to my decision because i wouldn't have to buy memory cards and also i can save cds on it (another bonus ) when i saw these features the gamecube was far out of the picture not to mention the fact that it was geared to a younger audience and no online which can decrease the enjoyment of your gaming options as i love to play fps xbox is obviously my first choice and therefore ps2 my second (because of a great controller layout) and gamecube my 3rd for those of you who automaticly say sony sucks and microsoft sucks i will let you have your opinion but this is mine .. another factor was lack of 3rd party support which ps2 and xbox had plenty of now im not saying that the gamecube was a bad system .. i actually love some of its games, its just that you need to get the system you will enjoy the most so thats what i did as im sure thats what you did as a matter of fact it all comes down to preferences and thats why im going the nintendo route this time i still like xbox360 and ps3 but i think the wii will give me more entertainment for my money i see the wars ending up with the xbox360 winning in north america the wii winning in japan and europe as a complete toss up so its not a matter of who wins or loses for me its a matter of who has the most enjoyable system for you!

Homicidal_Gamer said:
I see you're one of those people that are blinded and are not a true gamer, as you should know, gaming isnt just about graphics, it's about how the game feels. The playstation 3, has a very good chance at failing, because it has a thing called blue-ray which is way too ahead of it's time.

The 360 just seems to be an xbox 1.5, with revamped graphics, though the 360 will soon have it's #1 title, Halo 3. I have a distaste for Sony and Microsoft, but the only distaste is how they smack all this junk at you that you dont need to make your gaming experience fun.

Sony's Playstation 3 is a system with superb graphics, but where is the real new stuff? Sure, the PS3 is adding blue-ray, but do us gamers need it to make the games funner? No, sony is actually full of themselves this time, they've won the console war two times in a row, and now they're cocky.

But your question is, which console is the best? Well I have to say the Nintendo Wii, why? Simply because it's something new, creative, and innovative. Nintendo stays true to gaming, and now they're taking gaming to the next level, taking video games to the next level isnt necessarily improving the systems graphics, you should know that, that tactic works only for a little while.

Now about games, Nintendo has many legendary franchises that can blow away any Sony franchise, even though most of sony's exclusive franchises arnt even made by them. With titles coming to the Wii like Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, Red Steel, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Sonic Wild-Fire, ExciteTruck, Wario Ware Smooth Moves, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Project Hammer, and many many more titles, I say the Wii is in fact tougher when it comes to what really matters, the gaming.

And Sony putting in a lot to make the PS3 great? I'm sorry but any brain dead monkey can stick in extra crap that the average gamer doesnt need into a console. Nintendo has been trying the most, I mean this new freestyle controller that is positively significant. Sony has kept the same design on their controller basically since the PSone except they added analog sticks and now they added a middle button on the controller similar to the Xbox 360 controller.

Wii is something us gamers have truly wanted ever since the last console war began, Nintendo is once again, going to change the industry in a significant way. You should always remember that graphics arnt what make a system, a legend. And I will say that I truly believe the Nintendo Wii has a great chance at winning this console war, yet since playstations are a fad, and all the supposed "cool" people want it, theres still a lot to speculate.

Overall, if you're a gamer at heart and know what gaming is, then you will not be distracted by a systems graphics, you will study the consoles true meaning of being a console, the gameplay. We are all entitled to opinions, but I will say that games not being all about graphics is a fact.

-Homicidal_Gamer
Actully dude 360 has stuff that you can use,ps3 isn't good ,wii is in the roots of what made gaming so grand,and I don't exspect the 360 to win but I do exspect the 360 to be second and wii first

Arcadium said:
people will buy at 1rst PS3, then they will see its bullshit and get a wii
I agree 100% Wii Rule Wii Dominate!!!!!:lol:

I think people will buy the xbox360 or the PS3 but also buy the wii becuz of its low price, great games, and innovative controller. the wii wins either way.
Y do you think sites like wii60 and pswii are so popular?

I think instead of buying a ps3, i will buy a wii and 360 for the same price and not have to deal with 60-100 game prices. The wii looks great, and some 360 games look reeeealllly interesting, plus ... halo 3. Wii and 360 is all the gaming you would ever need, after a while ps3's specs wont impress you much when you know everyone with a ps3 is poor because of it.

wiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Supermariomp3 said:
I think people will buy the xbox360 or the PS3 but also buy the wii becuz of its low price, great games, and innovative controller. the wii wins either way.
but people dont have $1200 to spend on consoles (usually).

Back