Hong Kong Wii in the UK?

Mike Dice

WiiChat Member
Apr 3, 2007
Hi, I'm totally new to Wii and consoles add I have a problem I need your help!

I bought a Wii on E-Bay and it said: "Unlocked, New Nintendo Wii Console Able to play DVDR"

Now I need some help:

1. The only language on it is Japanese can I add English some how adn where can I get an English manual (the Japanese one, doesnt help me much ;) ?

2. Even tough it said unlocked I'm not able to play PAL (European) games, how can I solve this?

Thanks ever so much for your help!

by the sounds of it, you need to get hold of the seller, and have a go at them :nono:

and im not entirely sure you can change the language of a wii, but dont quote me on that.

as for it being 'unlocked' and 'able to play dvdr' then it must be chipped in some way, though my knowledge of the chips is very limited, as i dont often bother with them...

can you put up the ebay link so we can have a look?

Hi, I have a simillar problem, and come across this forum whilst trying to find out some info. I bought a Wii last week that i was told played backups, but suprise suprise, wasnt told it was japanese.
Mine has a Wiikey installed (although I had to find this out for myself) I have played a game I downloaded, which was SSX, and it works fine, other than that, I havent managed to get anymore games yet. Is there anybody on this forum that owns a Japanese Wii and also speaks Japanese so that we can geta rough translation as to what all the settings mean?
I have a friend who has an english Wii, but our firmware is different therefore most of the buttons are in a totally different configuration.

Back