Hopefully developers will realize the same....

Macmutt

WiiChat Member
Jun 22, 2007
The Wii remote has proven easier and more unified between player and game than most PS3 and 360 fanboys realize.
Just last night my wife was playing Wii sports, Bowling & Golf mostly, and she, much like myself is a gaming veteran who has played many sport titles over the years, but never liked any of them until now, and when i asked her why she said because she feels like she has more control over the ball in bowling and her golf swing, as if she was actually doing it.
Coincindentally i was on the phone with my friend in georgia and at the same time my wife was playing my Wii bowling and his sister was playing his Wii bowling, and his sister said she's addicted to it for the same reasons, it just gives you more of an actual feeling of really participating in the actual game and more control over what your doing.
So now since the Wii has the largest install base, i hope and pray more developers have the same realization about the unique control and large install base and use those facts to support and take advantage of the Wii's control scheme.

Now im not saying i dont like the wii
But i have been to busy to play it for the last month i think

paintba||er said:
But it gets old fast and then it is just like it was before. It is the normal thing and it is boring. And no, I'm not a PS3 or 360 fanboy, as I have all three consoles.
i agree, once the gimmik wore off sports and play became a once every 2-3 month thing, and now a not-at-all-might-trade-them-in thing

Yeah Right

paintba||er said:
But it gets old fast and then it is just like it was before. It is the normal thing and it is boring. And no, I'm not a PS3 or 360 fanboy, as I have all three consoles.

No you are a PS3 fanboy otherwise you wouldn't be advertising a PS3 chat link in a Wii forum, and by the way it's not the control scheme that gets old, it's the games, therefore if you have the patience to wait for another great Wii title such as Metroid or Mario, even Madden is a newer and better experience especially according to the reviews of Madden 07 on all 3 consoles the Wii version was the best.

Macmutt said:
No you are a PS3 fanboy otherwise you wouldn't be advertising a PS3 chat link in a Wii forum, and by the way it's not the control scheme that gets old, it's the games, therefore if you have the patience to wait for another great Wii title such as Metroid or Mario, even Madden is a newer and better experience especially according to the reviews of Madden 07 on all 3 consoles the Wii version was the best.
I'm just trying to get the site more members as it is lacking in that area, and it is ran by the same person as this site so its not like I'm advertising my own site and trying to steal members from here. I go to PS3 Wii and 360 Chat forums. And the control scheme does get old along with the games.

Macmutt said:

Let him pretend he isn't a ps3 fanboy.

And the control scheme does get old along with the games.

You mean YOU FEEL the control scheme gets old? Because you definitely don't speak for me.

Last edited:
paintba||er said:

I'm just trying to get the site more members as it is lacking in that area, and it is ran by the same person as this site so its not like I'm advertising my own site and trying to steal members from here. I go to PS3 Wii and 360 Chat forums. And the control scheme does get old along with the games.

Well then let me be the first to say that those of you Wii owners who feel that the games and or control scheme has gotten old then go and sell your Wii stuff on ebay or trade it in at your local game store and buy some PS3 or 360 stuff because you certainly are no longer a Wii fan and therefore don't even deserve to own a Wii let alone participate in this forum.
This forum is for people who love playing Wii and everything about it, so if your no longer interested or bored with your Wii then get rid of it and just participate in another console forum.

Last edited:
You do know ps3chat and xbox360cat are made by the same people
So GTFO off slagging paintballer you low level noobs

vagrant said:
Let him pretend he isn't a ps3 fanboy.
Thats mature, claim idiotic things with no basis to do so.

vagrant said:
You mean YOU FEEL the control scheme gets old? Because you definitely don't speak for me.
Obviously everyone has different opinions, but there are many people who agree with me. Were you not around when everyone was making threads about hating their Wiis and stuff? More people agreed with them than didn't.

Macmutt said:
Well then let me be the first to say that those of you Wii owners who feel that the games and or control scheme has gotten old then go and sell your Wii stuff on ebay or trade it in at your local game store and buy some PS3 or 360 stuff because you certainly are no longer a Wii fan and therefore don't even deserve to own a Wii let alone participate in this forum.
This forum is for people who love playing Wii and everything about it, so if you no longer interested or bored with your Wii then get rid of it and just participate in another console forum.
I'm not going to sell it, because they are very cheap and if a good exclusive game happens to come out I can play it. So, if we aren't Wii fanboys and we actually acknowledge that the console has faults then we don't deserve to own one? There are people that come to this forum that don't even own a Wii anymore, but they still come. What you are saying is that if you aren't a Wii fanboy then you shouldn't come here which is idiotic much like fanboys of any kind. I'm not going to get rid of it, and I do participate in other forums, but that doesn't mean I'm going to leave this one. So deal with the fact that the Wii has many faults and there are some people that aren't fanboys on here.

you just interupted a good debate, cammy for shame

but on the MAIN TOPIC of this thread

a lot of big third party developers are switching over from the ps3 to the wii, because it's more popular, and way cheaper to develop

oh and paintballer isn't as bad as shiftfallout(sp?) he acts like we're all nintendo fanboys but he's the sony fanboy(just look at his sig if you see him)

and i don't think the controller scheme get's old, i've never bought a racing game in my lfie, and i seriously can't even imagine playing excite truck with a gamecube controller, that would suck so bad....same with sonic, going to that fast in secret rings, it wouldn't feel right without the wiimote..........

maybe it's cause all you do is play wii sports and zelda, paintballer but like vagrant and samus101, i am very happy with the wiimote and/or nunchuck

1. Good for you Macmutt. I definately feel that the controller is something special, and definately adds to games (so long as it's implemented correctly).

2. Paintballer, owning all three consoles doesn't mean you're free from bias. What you speak of is your own preference, and you cannot speak for anyone else (unless otherwise stated).

3. Wiicammy, don't be so elitist on here. "noob" culture is something that only a certain aspect of gamers adhere to. As for calling him a "noob", I think you should be more courteous. If you're going to disagree, fine. However, there is no need for what you said.

All in all, I feel that developers are starting to use the wiimote and other options more and more. The once feared "wiimote only" concept is breaking down, as more and more games give you the option of how to control. Likewise, I feel that the wiimote is starting to be better configured. Resident Evil 4 played like a dream on the Wii, and with the reports of a brilliant control set-up for Metroid Prime 3, I feel that the wiimote is finally getting the spotlight it deserves.

As for the "gimmick" wiimote thing, I've been playing the Wii a lot lately, and have been really enjoying it. I find it very freeing, being able to control things with motion and movement, allowing a refined experience (again, when done right). Too bad for those of you that have been left with disappointment for the Wii, but I emplore you to give it another go with the next wave of games that are coming out. They all look to play beter in general than the exerimental first wave has been.

Back