HORI Fighting Stick not working with Kart 64?!

jumpkick

WiiChat Member
Jan 28, 2008
I purchased 2 HORI fighting sticks yesterday from the Nintendo World Store in NYC. It works great for SF2 and Super Mario 3. It is advertised as a classic controller, but when I tried to play Mario Kart 64, I could not move left or right. The buttons work, but the joystick part does not. Anyone else have this problem? Please help, nobody picks up the phone at Nintendo World.

I'm guessing it has to do with lack of an analog stick on the HORI fighting stick, the joystick could actually the D-pad and lacks analog stick function.

snabald said:
I'm guessing it has to do with lack of an analog stick on the HORI fighting stick, the joystick could actually the D-pad and lacks analog stick function.

Thanks. I called Nintendo directly, who passed me along to HORI in California. The HORI receptionist guy basically told me the same thing, and to watch out for "classic controller compatible" games.

It was not made with N64 in mind (no analog)
It was made mosly for arcade games and as such is unsuitable for any games that require anythin more that a pad and buttons

Back