Hori's Gamecube-ish Wii pad, how good is it?

randompika

WiiChat Member
Mar 31, 2011
I'm thinking of getting this for use with a Mayflash usb adapter (the one that takes the wii-mote plug end), I don't know much about Hori's products but this looked pretty interesting. But I wanna know more details, preferably from someone who already has one so I can get a second hand opinion and not just guesses. I want to know how well this controller is for both 3D games and 2D platforming games. I've only played with a GC controller at a friends (Soul Calibur 2, Smash Brothers Melee), and other than having a tiny Dpad it seemed like a comfortable controller (for the games it was made for anyway). I wanna know the following so I may make an informed decision: 1: Dpad on the Hori appears to be larger than GC's, is it and how accurate is it for rotations / straight diagonals? Can you still comfortably play 2D platform games with it in the position it is in? 2: How tight are the analog sticks, no looseness (ie: wobbly tops)? 3: Are 'Start Select and Home' metal clickers (like the stock Classic Controller) or are they normal rubber membrane buttons? 4: How good do the YXBA's feel for say, Super Mario World, where you'd hold Y to run and flex and hit B with the butt of your thumb to jump? 5: How good do the L and R and zL / zR triggers feel? (I remember the one Z on original Gamecube being somewhat stiff)
2mqjp4x.jpg

yes you will find very few that own that here especially with the traffic here lately.

i would go ahead and buy it but it is hard to find people who fix 3rd party stuff; if it breaks early after regular use you know you have a bad product...

Hmmmm......that pad looks sweet, only questions i have is:

What's the name of this pad?
What's better this or classic pad pro? (with ps handles)

If its cheaper than the pro pad ill consider buying.

y'know it almost looks like a prank with the l/r and lz/rz buttons reversed i had to google it to confirm it's a real controller. f'n badass if you ask me...

y'know it almost looks like a prank with the l/r and lz/rz buttons reversed i had to google it to confirm it's a real controller. f'n badass if you ask me...

Looks are one thing, I wanna know how it feels and how well it performs... And really it isn't that surprising, it's just a gamecube pad (that happens to plug into the bottom of the Wii-mote) with better shapped YXBA's, an extra Z button and Select and Home buttons and a C stick that's a full top not a small yellow nub.

I don´t like the look of the x,b,y,a buttons, they seem very loose/soft

Personal preference I think... The fact that it can be connected to the Wiimote is a plus for me... But I´ve never had a good experience with third party controllers.

Just a question and I know this is off topic but..
Why haven't you been made a Moderator of these forums?

dude why are people asking me this and honestly it's rude. i mean i got more than one pm from people thinking i'm a mod..... i just love help out and when i first joined i noticed immature douchebags (not you) were not tolerated and that's why i stayed.

keep the thread about controllers please. i really want to see if said he/she gets this one.....

dude why are people asking me this and honestly it's rude. i mean i got more than one pm from people thinking i'm a mod..... i just love help out and when i first joined i noticed immature douchebags (not you) were not tolerated and that's why i stayed.

keep the thread about controllers please. i really want to see if said he/she gets this one.....

oh no I didn't mean it [and or intend it in a bad way] its just like you said you like helping out the community and that's awesome bro but alright sorry for the offense

and got it back on topic. if its a third party remote which from the looks of it kinda is then don't buy it because these products usually suck but then again this controller still looks bad ass

I still have the opinion of my last post... but if you buy it... get it White xD... That Blue isn`t my fav... but again Personnal preferences... your choice.

Back