Hot Deal, or Cheap Steal??

Borch712ers

Deleted
Jan 1, 2007
I recently was sent an email by gamestop advertising this deal: "Earn a $50 credit towards the purchase of a new Wii system when you trade-in your old GameCube"

When I read that I became extatic, because I have been looking for a deal like this. I was halfway to the car before I actually began to think this through. The Wii is supposed to be getting a $50 price cut pretty soon, correct? Any word on HOW soon? Seems like Gamestop may be putting this ad up just before the price cut to steal a couple gc (for w/e they are worth). If the price cut is coming soon than I will be able to get my Wii for $200 still, and make roughly $20 of my cube.

I was planning on waiting until the price cut, new color wiis were available, AND they added dvd-capability because I just got a BUNCH of GC games that should last me for a LONG time. So, my questions are, how soon is the Wii's price going to be reduced to $200, AND how soon will DVD capability be added to the Wii.

By the way, the deal ends on the 28, so I need to make a decision, and FAST!! Thanks for the help.

Borch712ers said:
I recently was sent an email by gamestop advertising this deal: "Earn a $50 credit towards the purchase of a new Wii system when you trade-in your old GameCube"

When I read that I became extatic, because I have been looking for a deal like this. I was halfway to the car before I actually began to think this through. The Wii is supposed to be getting a $50 price cut pretty soon, correct? Any word on HOW soon? Seems like Gamestop may be putting this ad up just before the price cut to steal a couple gc (for w/e they are worth). If the price cut is coming soon than I will be able to get my Wii for $200 still, and make roughly $20 of my cube.

I was planning on waiting until the price cut, new color wiis were available, AND they added dvd-capability because I just got a BUNCH of GC games that should last me for a LONG time. So, my questions are, how soon is the Wii's price going to be reduced to $200, AND how soon will DVD capability be added to the Wii.

By the way, the deal ends on the 28, so I need to make a decision, and FAST!! Thanks for the help.

I say sell it and any un-needed games and accessories on ebay or the like. Otherwise depends on how badly you really want that Wii. IMO it's not worth it to trade my gamecube in since I've modded it and can run homebrew on it. In your case you might just as well anyway. It's really your choice, no one REALLY knows for sure when a price cut is coming.

dude. play your gamecube games ON THE WII.

the 50 bucks is good. we only give like 20 bucks store credit for a gamecube. this 50 bucks is a steal.

the dvd and new colors wont coem for a long while.

and the price cut PROBALLY wont happen. i mean the xbox has been 400 since launch. and the wii is too good of a system to drop. the only reason gamecube had a drop was cause it wasnt selling.

so i mean you might as well trade in the gc. you can do everything on a gc on the wii.

^really?^ I didnt think you could use a gc gameshark (by far the biggest thing i do on gc is ssbm gameshark cheats). Please tell me if you can use a gc gameshark on the wii whyll playing gc games.

it should. i mean id ont see why not. it goes into the memory card slot. and the wii has two gc slots. so i dont see why not.

if i had one*gameshark* id try it out for you. ahha

^^Okay, thanks. Can anyone verify that? Can anyone else answer the original two questions?

thanks everyone.

^^Have you not heard the rumors of a mid 07 $50 price drop? They are all over the place. What I was asking is if they are JUST rumors or if they have any meat to them.

Also, anybody know when DVD playback is coming? Mid 07 is the last I heard, so I thought that they might do the price drop, dvd playback addition, and send out the new colored wiis at the same time.

Anybody else got any info??

Back