Hot Wii

Ok
My wii gets warm while on standby in the vertical position
and it gets very very hot while on standby in the horizontal position
It never gets hot while on due to the fans
and ninty has not responded to my email.
does anyones get hot?
like the hot when you blow warm air into your hands
it is quite hot

Ok good....
one more question.... when playing madden does you game squeak
i can hear a squeaking noise everytime i make an action i madden such as selecting teams
everytime i move up or down.. it squeaks

Thats probably a sound effect of the game ??? i dont no i have never played it so im just guessing.

MaXiMiUS said:
My fan is on when my Wii is in standby.

I can NEVER hear the fan, EVER (playing OR standby), but I can feel a light breeze coming out of the back of my Wii at all times.

What!? How the fu--

I just checked then, and my fan isn't on for WiiConnect 24 (Orange Light) or Standby (Red Light)... Explain to me how you have managed to do this. :)

i0n said:
Sounds like a very possible fire hazard, im surprised it hasnt already burnt out - especially if the heat being given off is melting plastic?

I'd unplug and call Nintendo support like previously suggested.

Mine also gets hot as well. But not near hot enough to cause damage to surrounding accessories or equipment lol. Please provide us with an update as soon as you know something more as I'm sure lots of people like myself are interested to see what Nintendo has to say about your issue. Thats just insane. My PC doesn't even get as hot :sad:

One guy's Wii on my local forum had his Wii burnt because of this, pixels were ****ed up and the Wii is not working anymore because of Wiiconnect24, the console was very very very hot I heard.

anyone know about the squeaking madden disk?
does anyone else's do this?

Hot

My Wii only gets slightly warm. Exept when I left it in standby with the blue leds on for 21 hours.....

Last edited:
If this continues for certain people (though ive had no problem, ive had it horizontal and it works fine). They may update firmware to make fans option on or off on standby (even if at low power fan)

man i have my wii on standby since i first got online with it. I have noticed that it gets kinda hot but is there a fan that stays on at all times????

Slim said:
man i have my wii on standby since i first got online with it. I have noticed that it gets kinda hot but is there a fan that stays on at all times????

the fan is off during standby, which SHOULD be fixed.

Back