House of the Dead: Overkill and Nyko Perfect Shot

goheat

alot is not a word
Feb 27, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
Wii Online Code
1111-1111-1111-1111
Out of curiosity, have any of you played HOD: Overkill with the Nyko Perfect Shot, and, if so, experienced any issues with your Perfect Shot where it will reload unintentionally at innopportune times? I'm still trying to resolve that one frustrating issue with this game and my Perfect Shot.

I'm not shaking the Wii Remote in the Perfect Shot. It does this reloading even when I'm holding it steady and shooting. I tried playing without the Perfect Shot, and I don't have the issue. I don't have a 'stuck' A button, as was suggested as a possibility in another forum, since it does the same thing if I put my 2nd remote in the Perfect Shot. That's why I am wondering if others have the same problems with using the Perfect Shot in this game, which would imply that there is some inherent glitch when using a Perfect Shot in HOD: Overkill...

I don't have the game yet, but was hoping to pick up a copy this weekend, have 2 perfect shots, so if needed still, i'll let you know.

I don't have HOTD: Overkill or the Perfect Shot but I don't see why it would have issues with the game, seeing as it is really just a plastic case.

:idea:

With the Perfect Shot slightly raising the height of your Wiimote perhaps it could be something to do with the position of your sensor bar though. Maybe try moving it and see if it makes any difference.

How long of a game is HOTD: Overkill? I've already spent my February gaming money on Tenchu and March's is going on Madworld but if Overkill is decent in length then I might pick it up later on.

I don't have HOTD: Overkill or the Perfect Shot but I don't see why it would have issues with the game, seeing as it is really just a plastic case.

:idea:

With the Perfect Shot slightly raising the height of your Wiimote perhaps it could be something to do with the position of your sensor bar though. Maybe try moving it and see if it makes any difference.

How long of a game is HOTD: Overkill? I've already spent my February gaming money on Tenchu and March's is going on Madworld but if Overkill is decent in length then I might pick it up later on.

Strange, last night I played and didn't have the 'unintentional reload' issue, even though it's happened many times on different days for me. I did make a more conscious effort to hold the gun very still when shooting, so it just may be the (over) sensitivity of the game to any sharp motion of the Wii Remote as a signal to reload. That, or maybe I'm just crazy. Or, maybe both!

As far as overall game length, I can't say, as I've only gotten through 4 levels so far on Story Mode. I've read reviews that put it at somewhere around 4 to 6 hours. Of course, you can also increase the number of zombies per level. Also, once you finish Story Mode, you unlock Director's Cut mode, and/or you have mini-games...

Back