How bad do I need to get Wii online?

skidmarx

semi-pro thumb jockey
May 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Wii Online Code
5556-6677-7123-4567
I'm getting a Wii for my birthday and I just want to pick it up and play without woorying about online stuff for the first week or so. Is the performance going to suffer just because I don't download updates? Thanks from the Noob :)

Welcome to wiichat and enjoy your stay. Happy gaming.
It will not affect you, but updates are required. Once you get online, you can perform updates, but make sure that you download the Full Internet Channel by June so that you don't have to pay for it.

chakat assasain! said:
wii online??? it will be awesome! start off with pokemon, it's coming near summer (or in, im not thinking :p) oh yeah, and welcome to wii chat!

Don't you mean Mario Strikers Charged in a couple of weeks :nono:

welcome, shouldnt be too bad to just pick up and play but make sure you do get it online, im sure more important updates will be comming that may effect the system, plus online is free and fun

If you've downloaded the trail version a while ago you need to go back in to get the update, but currently the full versio is out and is free. But soon if people don't download it by some date you pay 500ponts for it i think.

I'm neck deep in work. Ironically I should be close to down right around the time they launch Wii Online Gaming. If not my back up is buying Mario Paper, FF12, and a bunch of VC games. What's your back up plan?

zephyr1080 said:
question: is the full version of the internet channel the one you buy in the wii shop channel ?
The Full Internet Channel is the current version of the internet that can be downloaded from the Shopping Channel for free until June.

Back