how can i connect a wii to the internet

If you have a wireless router, create a new connection and just search for an access point in the internet section of the options menu. just follow the on screen instructions

It depends what will work best for your situation, As "BIGWAVE" stated, that would be best :yesnod: , however you can attach and Ethernet cable to the console (wired) and I find the speed quite (perceivable) faster. (IMO because I stream a lot of music and videos to my Wii) So again it depends on whats most convenient for you. :thumbsup:

Dorkfish said:
If you have a wireless router, create a new connection and just search for an access point in the internet section of the options menu. just follow the on screen instructions

For "Dorkfish", again this will also work if you have the router but if you, say live on a college campus, this would not be as easy. Please provide more information if you could. (unless one the above suggestions work for you)

Last edited:
Dorkfish said:
where could i get one of those

1010lol101 said:
where could i get one of those

A wireless router? Going to a store might be a good start. Pretty much any store aside from grocery stores sell them.

well if u want to get on myspace and youtube u need to buy the internet channel unless u have or someone nice send u one *i wish someone would send me something* and a connection

thers like only one way to get channel by going to wii shop channel and buying the channel with a wii points card thers also other channels free for download

ok listen up... your family has the internet right? is it wireless or wired if you dont know ask... then you need to go to your local gaming shop and buy wiipoints in australia its around 30 bucks per 2000 points... when you get the wii connected to the internet you can go into the shop channel and buy the internet browser channel... you should have like 1500 points left with that you can also buy old school games... 1st i need to know do you have wire or wireless internet??

toomstone said:
ok listen up... your family has the internet right? is it wireless or wired if you dont know ask... then you need to go to your local gaming shop and buy wiipoints in australia its around 30 bucks per 2000 points... when you get the wii connected to the internet you can go into the shop channel and buy the internet browser channel... you should have like 1500 points left with that you can also buy old school games... 1st i need to know do you have wire or wireless internet??
and in us its like 19.99 for 2000

Back