How can I counter CHEAP moves?

miiplaywii

WiiChat Member
Nov 22, 2006
When I first got Strikers about 1 in 4 people I played were cheap. Now about 3 out of 4 rely on exploiting the game's "glitches" to win. Myself, I could never have fun playing if I relied on Toad, Boo, or Dry Bones to trick the goalie, or chip passes to one-timer goals. This is the equivelent of trapping someone in the corner with Chung Li and using her super fast kick. You can win every time, but you just don't do it.

Anyway, how do you stop these moves, especially when someone chip passes/charges the ball and then does a one timer?

Those aren't glitches, those are the moves they were designed to have.

Timing is the main key to countering them. And practice.

Ya I know those arn't glitches but they are very cheap moves. An example is I just played someone 5 minutes ago that had 46 wins and 4 loses. They weren't that good at stopping mega strikers or using items and average at everything ese. However, they constantly use dry-bones' goalie trick to beat me 12 to 6 then 7 to 4. Less than 1 in 11 people can beat them, not because they are good.

Anyway I'm just finding the game is not worth playing online against strangers anymore.

i agree with miiplaywii. it requires so much more skill to get a proper goal (buy shooting and passing and lobbing ect) than just to do the same thing to get all your goals, its ridiculous. and if YOU start using those spam moves because every1 else does then you are an ultimate noob. its so much more satisfiying beating an opponent with pure skill :)

miiplaywii said:
Ya I know those arn't glitches but they are very cheap moves. An example is I just played someone 5 minutes ago that had 46 wins and 4 loses. They weren't that good at stopping mega strikers or using items and average at everything ese. However, they constantly use dry-bones' goalie trick to beat me 12 to 6 then 7 to 4. Less than 1 in 11 people can beat them, not because they are good.

Anyway I'm just finding the game is not worth playing online against strangers anymore.

ive noticed that too, that they suck, but they just use a certain players move over and over. what you should do is get your timing down. like if they are going to spam boo, stand right in front of the goal(goalie line) and as soon as they come, slide tackle. same thing with drybones most of the time. hammer is easy, just practice. i do that, this once i get the ball, i'll do the same thing but score. then after 3 times of doing this they disconnect :lol: losers

Why don't you start being "cheap" as well. It's not being cheap anyways, it's just knowing how to score goals, and you have to know how to defend them. Just time your slide tackles, and never hit.

manufan15 said:
Why don't you start being "cheap" as well. It's not being cheap anyways, it's just knowing how to score goals, and you have to know how to defend them. Just time your slide tackles, and never hit.

exactly, just learn how to counter then use for your advantage.

Chase&Fred said:
The thing I hate is when Dry Bones/Boo/Waluigi does that disappearing thing into the goal.

Thats the only thing I hate to, the rest I could care less if they do it. It's part of the game and most aren't that hard to stop.

Chase&Fred said:
The thing I hate is when Dry Bones/Boo/Waluigi does that disappearing thing into the goal.

its easy to stop them, especially boo, because he can only do that directly in front of the goal. if you stand on the goal line (which is where the player should press the button to get the score) if you either hard hit/slide tackle. move stopped.

same with bones and walugi, practice your timing homie.

just wait for them to make a mistake and then you strike

JAKE196 said:
usually ya don't counter them. . .

i have yet to play a nintendo online game without cheap tactics or a sh** load of hackers

what can hackers do?

Thanks for the advice. But I'm still having trouble with the lob passes. Is it possible to have good enough timing to steel the ball in between passes?

My Team:
Wario
Toad
Dry-Bones
Birdo

BTW I do quite well without any cheap moves :cool:

Back