How did you get/find Your Wii?

LeWaffles

CUSTOM
Jul 25, 2007
Around Chicago
First off this is different than "i got a wii thread".

Ok now that we got that out of the way, anyone have any interesting stories on how you got your wii? Pay a ridiculous amount or get incredibly lucky?

For me my mom was looking for phones or something at Best Buy so she walked through the games isle and amazingly there happened to lie two wii's, so she got me one. Some Insane amount of Luck is why i'm here fortunately or unfortunately if you don't like me for some reason lol!

What's your story?

My dad asked the BJ's near my house to call him if they got wii's in, but they said that was "against policy". The nexy day, a guy from electronics called and said he had 30 minutes to get there, or they would sell it. He got there within 30 minutes, so now I have my Wii!!

I was actually on EBay like a week or two before Christmas. At first I found this awesome bundle but my mom wasn't home so I couldn't order it.

So then I had to search for another hour and finally found the one which is currently my Wii.

It came with SMG, LOZTWP, Mercury Revolution, Wii Sports, Classic Controller, and everything else for about $400.00

I was one of the 1337 who waited in line on day 1. I ended up getting the last one at one of our local walmarts. The wait was actually pretty fun, we kept each other entertained, and I've seen some of the people I met that night around since then.

registerednerd said:
I was one of the 1337 who waited in line on day 1. I ended up getting the last one at one of our local walmarts. The wait was actually pretty fun, we kept each other entertained, and I've seen some of the people I met that night around since then.

Talk about luck.

My cousin told me that they would be at toysrus so i went with him and we were the first people on line which i tought was wierd because there were so many wii's and only like 6 people on line.

I got the Wii because of good grades.

Last edited:
Actully this happened during school and one day after my birthday

so after desperation of searching and searching i wasnt gonna give up, everyday i would call my local wal-mart, at lunch time, before i left for school and after school

so a day after my B-day i called my local wal-mart and they had three in, this was during my luch break, my dad took me to the local walmart and i got one

talk about luck, and it was a day after my B-day aswell

but than 5 monthes later i got my PS3 which put my wii in the mists for a period of time untill yesterday (yea i packed my wii up because i didnt play it)

i bought Galaxy, awesome game

So... I at the time was working for Best Buy at the time of the launch of the Wii and PS3. With that background, I was working the night before the launch got off late and drove home, and when I got home I was like... "You know what, I want a Wii" so I drove back to my store and got in line at around 9 pm and at that point I was 57th in line. So I had walked across the street to the store and bought myself a Redline energy drink, and a Car and Driver and set up my chair and stayed awake all night until 10 am when the store opened and there were 110 Wiis so yea I got mine took it back to my apartment played for a while then just passed out.

Well after several months of trying, in April my mom happened to go to the Best Buy near me and wait in line around 7 or 8 am and was surprisingly the first one in line. They had about 25 or so, but still I was happy.

2 stories......

1. Fortuanately 4 me I live in new york city and not to far from the nintendo world store. So i called them the night b4 and a sales rep was like they get wii shipments in every night but i had to get there by 8:30am b4 the store opened at 9amto be sure to get one. so me being me i said let me get there earlier just in case there's a line and luckily I did cuz when i got there at 7:30 there were about 28 people on line waiting. by the time 9am came i looked back and the line was down the block and i said to myself thank god i followed my mind and left early. anyway i got my wii and was pleased as punched.:smilewinkgrin:

2. It was the week b4 black friday november 14th 2007 to be exact and i had to buy another wii being that i had previously sold mine b/c of school and i didn't have time to play so i woke up that morning to wait on line once again to purchase yet another wii same scenerio people were still waiting about 23 this time i bought my cousin along due to me having a class at 10am that morning so that she could bring my wii home 4 me. I kept looking back and the line kept getting longer and longer i guess b/c people were smart like me and got it early due to the holiday shopping season coming up early needless to say i was pleased as peach when i got mine and so were they b/c after that week it was ridiculiously hard to get your hands on one due to the wii shortage. The nintendo store started to give out notices saying by January 30 2008 you're guranteed a wii.:wink:

Back