How did you get you Wii?

Anatz

WiiChat Member
Dec 3, 2006
I got my wii through my brother''s workplace...he works at ATI and they were raffling 80 preorders of wiis for full-time workers and my brother got it from a co-worker since my brother works as a contract worker.

stood in line for 8 hours in front of a bestbuy on 11/19. yes i got one of the first Wiis :D I was number 24 in line and bestbuy had 40 in stock.

wii #1

preordered thru gamestop and i was the last person in line

wii #2 (for a relative)

went to target, stood in the line and i was #32 out of 42

Went to EB at 11pm last night for launch. Preordered and got my number (saw someone else from these forums there aswell, which was good otherwise we'd just be standing around doing nothing for the hour lol), and about 10 mins after launch we got our Wii's and left.

Lol @ getting the Wii within the hour.

Edit: Just for those who care:

I got Zelda:TP, Red Steel and ofcourse WiiSports. All of them rock.

My wife and I stood in line for a couple of hours in the freezing cold (15 Degrees Fahrenheit) at Toys-R-Us on December 3rd.

The day after launch (US), I was eating lunch at Chipotle. Across the street is my local Gamestop. When I hopped in my car after eating, I saw a UPS truck sitting outside the Gamestop. I about **** my pants! I headed over there, and sure enough, they had Wii's in stock!

I got another Wii about a week later - I stopped by Target to grab some random stuff for my house. I stopped by the electronics to see if they had any. They had just filled their shelves with fresh new Wii's! I grabbed one for my buddy who had been looking around for one after he had fun playing mine so much.

Luck was on my side!

I waited for 8 hours for Best Buy to open on Nov 19th. I was very drunk. I was like number 120 in line but they had 200 units so It was good.

Toy's R Us in Times Square this past Tuesday. Had someone tell me when people started lining up to get one and i ran over there!

BSDeez16 said:
The day after launch (US), I was eating lunch at Chipotle.
i <3 chipotle
besides that, i got my wii on the 24th of november, black friday. i went to my mall at 4:30 that had a gamestop and an eb games, had my dad wait at eb and i stood in line at gamestop. stores opened at 6, and my dad picked up the wii and two extra wiimotes, and i got one more wiimote and a nunchuk.

On US preorder day I woke up one morning at 7:30am, got to the mall around 8:30am, and waited in line for 1 hour 30 mins. I was almost last in the line! I recieved my preorder slip, waited for the US launch, and bought my Wii.

Wife took a chance on launch day.She woke up at 530 in the morning got to Super Target at around 6am got on line got her ticket number 22 or 23 and the store had 69 units.

Today, the 6th of dec. i went to walmart and waited for about 2hours 45 minutes and was number 15 and 16 out of 31. and i got red steel.

Back