How Do I Calibrate the Wii Pointing Thing?

Dirtmuncher111

WiiChat Member
Jan 19, 2007
Dallas, TX
Wii Online Code
7851-1502-0097-6885
Mines messy becuase when i point at the screen say i go left then the mouse appears at the right of the screen, but then if i go back to the center of the screen, it goes back to normal, and if i try to point right, the cursor goes to the left side of the screen, but if i point back to the center it fixes. Is there a way to calibrate it where like you point at each corner of the screen and then it sets it to that or something?

there is an option to say whether your sensor bar is at the top of the tv or at the bottom. make sure to have that set according to your setup. also, make sure there are no lights near the sensor bar because they can mess up its sensing ability. finally, make sure your bar is at the edge of whatever it is sitting on, as in if it is on the tv put it at the edge of the top of the tv as far as you can so that all of the bar is exposed. hope that helps.

Sensor bar up, down, left, right, I don't see how any one of those scenarios can really affect a horizontally mirrored pointer?

Anyway, there isn't quite a calibration. The only "calibration" you can do (outside of Zelda, the only thing that has a more complete calibration technique) is in wii settings and tell the system your bar's positioning, but it doesn't quite help your problem at all.

Is the vertical motion mirrored as well? Happen with more than one wiimote? Did you accidently hit the wiimote on something? Was it always like this?

How close are you sitting to your tv? If too close or far, you get exactly what you are describing.

My sensor is on the edge of the surface my tv's on, theres no lights, and im sitting like 3 or four feet away from the screen so all of that is right. It is actually mainly when i play Red Steel when this happens. Also I have Zelda so what is there in zelda that can help that someone mentioned?

By the way thanks for all of this help yall are giving me! :)

so the issue is in the game? is it doing the same in the wii menu? i had same issue with red steel when i change the sensitivity.. but when left on default it was fine..

Make sure that there are no other sources of IR light anywhere else in the room and make sure your bars IR is not reflecting off of anything like a glass topped coffee table because the remote will pick it up and mess with the courser. Go into the wii settings then to controller sensitivity and make sure you only see two dots. They should be close to round, any reflection will show up on the screen as a second dot or cause the dot to change shape.

It doesn't sound like quite the same thing, but I had lots of problems with pointing in Red Steel until I turned off the speaker in the remote.

Back