How do I get a Nintendo Wii without a preorder and no campout?

Jericho2550

WiiChat Member
Nov 10, 2006
well, as the title says, I'm located in the Washington DC area, I want a Wii, I'm willing to stand in line for 2 hours max, how can I get one, what do you all suggest?

great site by the way, this is my first of many posts :smilewinkgrin:

1.) Costco/Sams
2.) Target
3.) Maybe Blockbuster depending on where you live... that's what I've heard atleast.

Just come when it opens. Usually Targets aren't 24 hours so get there maybe an hour or two before it opens. It will open late on Sundays too...

well im in the game my girlfriend just got hired at future shop so she is going to get one for me right when it opens and then she will get a discount off it andf then they'll just take that money out from her cheque so im happy:d

Pray? lol. Not really a way to get it without camping 4+ hours atleast. Well I guess but youd have to get lucky ;)

Link_of_Hyrule said:
i have to work and its sunday i'm screwed!

:yikes: 2 options. Beg boss to let you off. Or quit. :D
But seriously that sucks :( know how you must feel.

Well.....I dont think you know this but preordering and waiting in line for hours may be the only for SURE way youll get a Wii!
Man, all you have to do is bring a book........ or a DS.... or something.... I mean if I can stand in line for 24 hours straight i am sure you could pull off something like that as well!

if you want it on launch day then i guess you're in a pickle. Try searching internet sites perhaps. You may not get it until a day or two after launch (how good is your postal service?) but its better than nothing. Alternatively you could pay (probably over the odds) on ebay? I dont know, im in the UK, so some places (amazon for example) havnt even started preorders yet. Good Luck.

cIf you want it on launch day then your'e stuck. You'd really have to camp out to get it on launch day if you didn't pre-order. What is your budget for the wii because you could buy it and probably het it in late Nov. If not you would have to go on ebay and see what overpriced wiis they're selling.

WSP92 said:
cIf you want it on launch day then your'e stuck. You'd really have to camp out to get it on launch day if you didn't pre-order. What is your budget for the wii because you could buy it and probably het it in late Nov. If not you would have to go on ebay and see what overpriced wiis they're selling.
Not necessarly[sorry if that spelled wrong] Some people dont even camp and voila they got theres!

Back