How do i play music on my wii?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony602

WiiChat Member
Sep 30, 2007
ARIZONA
I want to know if there is a way i can put songs from my computer on to a online program and then go on my wii and play the songs there?

If you can tell me cuz i want to know.

I am sure its possible but it would probably be a lot of work cause I am not sure the Wii can do that
.... it would be cool though!!

im saying can i upload my song on the internet from my computer then i go to my wii and go into the internet and play them there...like youtube but with music

if it's in mp3 format you can put it on an SD card and then on photo channel

haru said:
if it's in mp3 format you can put it on an SD card and then on photo channel

well if you know the wii by now its far more advanced than the ps3 and xbox360 the only thing thats different is the awesome graphics on the other 2 systems thats it I am sure you can post any song you want on the net even on your mail account and access it via wii!

Kedarshashi said:
well if you know the wii by now its far more advanced than the ps3 and xbox360 the only thing thats different is the awesome graphics on the other 2 systems thats it I am sure you can post any song you want on the net even on your mail account and access it via wii!
The Wii is far more advanced? lol! I wonder why it only costs $250 when the others cost around $400...
Actually, you can't download songs, or anything for that matter, to your Wii on the Internet Channel. The only way to get songs on it is to put them on to an SD card and plug it into your Wii. You can't even download the songs to your Wii; they have to stay on the memory card. Also, you can only listen to the songs in a picture slideshow or Exite Truck and maybe a couple other games...

...I just remembered something that Code Junkies had for the Wii. When you bought their Powersaves SD card, it came with a Wii Application called MAX Media Manager Pro. It supposedly let you rip CD's from your Wii. I'm not sure if these files would be saved on the card or the Wii, though.

i know this isnt what youre talking about, fyi, you can put mp3 files on an sd card and then play them as music on excite truck.

just fyi. maybe some more games in the future will offer this feature

Maybe thats a question thats already been answered and it sounds really noobish, but can you listen to your tracks while your playing a game, like Mario strikers or something like that???

Tony602 - don't listen to this lot (with the exception of Kedarsashi who appears to know what he's talking about), - many have been using their Wii as a media player for a year now, not via the SD slot and PhotoChannel or playing music in-game...........but accessing their media via the Internet Channel

A totally crude way to do it is to use your GMAIL account. Email MP3's to your GMAIL address, when they come in add a music label to them so that you can filter out your music easily and they will play right there in your Opera Browser on the Wii. As I said this is really basic but it works

Better than that is to look at something like MiiMusic - this will let you use your Wii as a network MP3 player, which I'm sure is more what you're after. http://www.miimusic.com/welcome.html Your mp3's are streamed via your local WLAN to the Wii.

Finetune is brilliant - the front end is great on the Wii, but, you have specific criteria in terms of the size of a playlist and you can't run backwards through it............you're forced to listen to a fir bit of each track so you've not got total control. Saying that, the tag radio and artist radio within Finetune are superb.

There's a whole rake of other applications out there that all work. I've got one that streams movies from my PC to my Wii and works really well. ORB works pretty good on the Wii too, lets you manage all your music, movies and photos. Then of course their is WiiCR, BrowseAMP, AjaxAMP, Wii Media Centre X and there are also WinAmp streaming services for the Wii as well.

According to "TheJerm" none of the above exists of course - it's all a figment of my imagination. The Wii's a wireless device on your WLAN isn't it? Therefore of course you can use the Internet Channel to access your media............ the browser is the Wii's killer app - there's tons you can do with aside from playing games. I use mine to check and control PTZ cameras outside my home - there's a load of cool stuff aside from playing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back