How do you force the Wii to check for new email?

prl100

WiiChat Member
Dec 1, 2006
Does anybody know how to do this?

I have sent one tester email to my wii which arrived quite quickly, however I have now sent a message with a picture attached and it does not seem to be going.

I have put the shopping channel on to check that the internet connection is active and I have even sent a message (which has got through) so why is my new message not being received?

Anybody any idea?

(ps. is there a limit to the kind of file/size or anything that it can handle?)

as in how you have a 'Send and Receive' button on most email software. Can you do this with the Wii? Because it's been about an hour now and the message is not here yet.

sometimes.. its just slow as hell :devil:

right now i like to call the wii mail a "novelty"
until its running quick as gmail er the like.. its nothin but a novelty look at what i can do thing.. nintendo needs to get on this e-mail lagg issue :mad2:

This is actually a good thread, because as far as I know you can't force it to check new mail. They need some work on the messaging system.

Try physically unplugging the Wii and then plugging it back in and checking. It might jump start the WiiConnect24 to reconnect and find it more quickly. Just my thoughts, not sure if it will help.

Back