How do you like co-op?

blizzo

WiiChat Member
Mar 7, 2007
My wife plays the co-op while I play, and it's neat that she can play with me, but extremely annoying that she can make me jump. What do you guys think of the co-op?

She wishes she could just play on the screen with me as Luigi, but that'd be hard to make work well...

I hate the jumping problem, but you can paralyze an enemy (not bosses) just by pressing A while pointing to it. I like it.

i like it. its not as cool as 2 player would have been. i wish it could be like mario bros. 3, like alternating levels of play. i have only played coop so its gonna get harder when i solo(prolly not though).

It's great. My little ones can play and not have to worry about making jumps and such.

They love it

I'm thinking you can't play co-op with Mario and Luigi, we would have heard something by now. BRING ON THE "HOW TO UNLOCK CO-OP LUIGI IN SMG" GUIDES! This will probably be another SM64 thing.

It's so much help having someone hold enemies and missiles and stuff.

But yeah, the only annoyance is accidentally making your friend jump. Then again, I've saved his live in some of the sand areas. ;)

blizzo said:
My wife plays the co-op while I play, and it's neat that she can play with me, but extremely annoying that she can make me jump. What do you guys think of the co-op?

She wishes she could just play on the screen with me as Luigi, but that'd be hard to make work well...

I agree with her.

It would probably be difficult to have two characters playable in the same area on the same screen the way the game works with stars shooting you around the place. Then again, think of Sonic the Hedgehog 2. In single player in that game a second player could take control of Tails when Sonic wasn't going too fast for him.

But... Luigi can't fly.

Knowing my friends they would want to **** me up by jumping at all the wrong times

WiiZero said:
Knowing my friends they would want to **** me up by jumping at all the wrong times

Yeah! It's like on co-op on MK double dash, you can make the cart swerve to the side by hitting. You can use it to throw your teammate off the track on tight corners :lol:

The reviews complain about the multiplayer seeming tacked on, but the only other ways would be split screen or turn based. Turn based would be cool, but would make us wait longer. Split Screen would be hard to work in because getting certain items or getting to certain areas trigger events that could block the path of player 2.

At least we have some sort of multiplayer, and at least we get to see Luigi this time.

Then again, we lost Yoshi and Luigi isn't exactly ride-able.

Nimoi said:
Then again, we lost Yoshi and Luigi isn't exactly ride-able.

That's a funny image right there :lol:

Someone should photoshop a pic of that :yesnod:

EDIT: There we go :lol:
marioluigief7.jpg

Last edited:
Mario riding Luigi is a cool image but it begs to have the question asked, how many times is Luigi gonna let Mario punch him in the back of the head and make his tongue stick out before he throws him off?

Back