How do you pass Cradle / Protect Natalya?

FaceDancer

WiiChat Member
Jan 27, 2011
I was breezing through, until I got to Cradle. It's driving me insane, and it's on Easy. I've played this one level almost as much as I've played the rest of the game.

Do you guys have any tips? I cannot get past the part where you have to protect Natalya as she works the three computers.

Because when Natalya's on the second computer, **** starts blowing up. I kill all the guys, but that doesn't stop the **** from blowing up. She runs to the third computer. I protect her there, but the explosions keep going. And even though I'm taking out all the guys, the explosions continue, until it goes "Mission Failed." Over and over and over and over.

I just don't get what I'm doing wrong. When Natalya's on the first computer, I run back and forth, taking out guys on the left and right. When Natalya's on the second computer, I stand in front of her terminal and take out guys on the left and right. When she's on the third computer, I stand right by her and take guys out as they enter the room, and run off to the side.

I've watched walkthrough videos online and have tried to mimic them, but the main difference is that when I play, **** blows up LIKE CRAZY when Natalya's wrapping up on computer two. I play the same spots as the dudes on the walkthroughs, but can't stop the explosions.

Maybe I'm doing something fundamentally wrong? This shouldn't be such an epic fail on the easiest difficulty level.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Natalya

Mate it took me quite a few attempts too. In fact, I've been playing through on easy and so far everything has been straight forward.

One thing I found is that the moment she starts on the first computer, run up the left stairs and stay at the top - you can take out the guards as they come running, and only a few come from the right hand stairs.

Then just before she finishes (can't see any more guards) run back down the stairs and I tend to find a guard has dropped a much better gun with a decent reflex sight. First few times I played I never got that gun.

2nd computer take out as many guards as you can as they run through the door, and watch out for a guard who comes in behind you on the left. Reflex sight makes taking out guards through the smoke fairly easy.

You have to watch out for a handful of guards with grenades coming from the right - perhaps more stuff was blowing because of them.

But yeah, hardest part of the campaigns so far for me :)

my cousin was doin this and i'm nearly there coz i bought GE (goldeneye) a bit later. Basically, when ur on the 2nd or 3rd computer, look at Natalya's health next to her name. If it's nearly gone it will be red i fink then when it's all gone it will say mission failed. But if ur stuck watch this video the url is [video=youtube;xxdb11QNAu4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxdb11QNAu4&feature=player_embedded[/video] tell me if u done it good luck:wiiconsole::wink:

I finished it in easy on my Third attempt i think.
It's the level that made me think that i'm never gonna try it on the hardest setting.

its all about remaining calm.

stay near natalya though- not too close, but within about 2-3 metres of her.

this tends to draw most fire towards you - and im not sure- but like in online heroes- i think her health regenerates faster if near james.

as has been said, there are spots you can use.

i tend to go to the stairs as someone else does. but on second computer i run either side of the top of the stairs there. occassionaly you need to move a little. and on the 3rd computer and final computer i stand near the third- but inline with the back stairs.

---------

as for little tips- dont worry about trying to get a gun with a sight or anything. but grab the first stauger you find. (one 40-round clip can take out 7-8 bad guys without breaking sweat).

on that note- ignore the shotgun- although they are quite strong- they are not that usefull when the targets are spaced as they are in this bit.

finally- gl and just wait for the next room :p

i got past protecting natalya first time- then dies around 5 times trying to get around next bit :p

Yeah, this level is probably the biggest PITA in the single player mode. It took me quite a few tries to figure it out. Cynic is 100% right. It is all about "remaining calm." Just like in real life, when you get too excited and shoot yourself in the face, it tends to hurt your chances of success. lol

ya stay calm look on ur radar. first computer go to left stairs hast to b on top. second cpu in front, third cpu kind off to the left just a tad. the third one is the hardest i would say keep peeking at th radar though and u should b fine

I never played the game on easy - went for the hardest level - and the cradle was a nightmare.

ego- hi...

you got some sort of hack then? to unlock the hardest levels before doing the easy version.

i ask because without one- there is no way you went on to play hardest first- unless someone else had already used your account to unlock the 2 previous easy versions.

Back