How do you reboot a Wii?

netBEUI

WiiChat Member
Jan 9, 2008
I searched but I couldn't find an answer. Can someone please tell me

1. How to reboot a Wii
2. Is it necessary?

Thanks!

1.)read your owners manual... that's how. i'll even give you a hint, it in between pages 3 and 5...
2.)no(but you would know that too if you read the 20 something page booklet they kindly gave you with your $250 purchase)

p.s.- i hope to god this is a joke

Last edited:
well for one i wonder if it is a dumb question. When i hit my reset button, nothing happens. I have to shut it down and back on again.

equlizer said:
well for one i wonder if it is a dumb question. When i hit my reset button, nothing happens. I have to shut it down and back on again.
I get the same thing occasionally - my Wii freezes on a black screen immediately after I tell it to load a game disk, it loses the connection with the Wiimote and doesn't respond to the reset button. What I do is hold down the power button for a few seconds until the light goes red, then turn the Wii on again.

Best ways assuming the reset button isn't helping...

press and hold the power button for 5 secs or so until the power button light is red.

or unplug it

idjut said:

press and hold the power button for 5 secs or so until the power button light is red.

or unplug it

you are too helpful

it's like Jesus said, teach a man how to reboot his Wii and know what he's doing for a day, teach a man to check the instruction manual and know what to do for a lifetime.(this is in the scientologist's version of the way things went down)

smyth said:
it's like Jesus said...
:lol: all too assuming of the following:
  • the member is literate (most likely)
  • the Wii is brand new and came with a manual
  • the manual is accessible - it could be misplace and saves much time to post here than to dig around.
if the manual is accessible, oh well. :)

Use the sacred method of the drop-kick. :yesnod:

That's what it says in the owners manual. That's why it is called a "manual".
Nintendo Owner's Manual said:
To reset your Nintendo Wii system, hold it out at arms length. Bring your foot back and swing it forwards as your drop the Wii.

Your system will reboot and become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

idjut said:

or unplug it
i was about to say that if no one hadn't said it

idjut said:
:lol: all too assuming of the following:
  • the member is literate (most likely)

well i assume that they are literate... since they posted here, and therefore if literacy was an issue our answers would be of no help unless we drew a picture:lol:

idjut said:
  • the Wii is brand new and came with a manual
  • the manual is accessible - it could be misplace and saves much time to post here than to dig around.

thats what Al Gore invented the internets for. haha

in one sentence i got 2 political jokes in... on 2 different people :cool:

I do however think that Frummage's reccommendation is the most helpful though. :lol:

Back