How do you use the wiimote?

Brawny

Anglophobiphile
Dec 15, 2006
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Wii Online Code
5385-4035-7079-0395
No, I'm not a stupid n00b who likes button mashing.

I was wondering how people actully use the pointing function. Do you kinda hold it in your lap or do you really point it directly at the screen? I personally am the former.

This came up because while thinking of a solution for playing on a projector, I wondered if you could just put the bar halfway inbetween since the way I play doesn't really have to point directly at the T.V.

Flip: Just because people are having so much trouble, the point of this thread is asking:

Do you play with an Outstretched arm?
Or with your arm resting on your leg?

Skippy said:
Why are you even here? You're a disrupting influence to every thread you post in.

....he really doesn't add much to any discussion he posts in. just to sound all tough and add to his post count.

hurray! i have lots of posts! (meaning you're online and in the forums too much?)

people these days. lol.
=======

and to keep to the original topic... i don't rest my arm on anything when i play. I like to hold it in the air and i guess "use it properly"?

Allan!

When i first got the wii, i would play red steel/COD3 with the outstretched arm technique but i now i rest my elbow on my knee. I have very steady hands with both ways though.

Brawny said:
Okay.....do........you......lay......your.....hand.....on.....your.....knee.....and.....bend.....your elbow.....or.....hold.....your.....arm.....out.....like.....a.....real.....gun?

Thank you for explaining yourself. You weren't making sense before.

I hold the wiimote in the air while using the pointing feature to navigate the menu; to me it seems faster.

csiguy4u said:
Thank you for explaining yourself. You weren't making sense before.

I hold the wiimote in the air while using the pointing feature to navigate the menu; to me it seems faster.

He made plenty of sense in the first post. Anyway, I point at the screen when I play FPS's like Red Steel, but with any other game I rest my wrist on the arm of my sexy leather chair.

When playing Zelda, I only actually point the Wiimote at the screen when it's necessary, shooting arrows and using the clawshot are perfect examples.

I see resting your arm on your knee or on a chair lazy lol I dunno why I just do. I sit down in my arm chair or on my bed leaning back like you do in a chair with my arms out relaxing. Though on Red Steel with a sword fight or Zelda with a boss I'll sit up and still stick my arms out. (Sometimes with Red Steel I stand up for sword fights xD) AND I have to stand up always on NFS (Dunno why) lol

Thats how I play no leaning on my knee etc

Back