Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How do you view post counts?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LeWaffles, Sep 4, 2007.

1. LeWaffles

LeWaffles CUSTOM

Being that this is my 200th post, i wasn't sure if i should celebrate this feat or let it go by. Ever since i joined i figured that 200 posts would be enought to consider myself a veteran, and now here i am. So i'm asking you guys, does a certain amount of posts or stats matter. If someone says something stupid do you look at thier post count right away? would you be nicer if they had a higher count? i'll be honest and say that if someone asked if mario strikers charged had online, i'd look at thier post count , just a predjudice, something that everyone has. After reading this and maybe the thread what are your thoughts?

2. Syntax

Syntax That Canucks Fan

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0001
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    I prefer to not judge people based on their post counts due to the fact that many people can easily spam up to say around 1000 posts in less than a month. If I was to judge someone it would most likely be based on their posts. Such as do their posts contribute to the threads they post in? Do they spam to increase their post count? etc.. To me post count is just a number and means nothing whatsoever. Quality over Quantity. As long as your posts are on topic and you make an effort to contribute to the forum I would consider you to be better than anyone who spams to 1000 posts etc.

#2 Syntax, Sep 4, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  3. LeWaffles

LeWaffles CUSTOM

that's good to hear, i hate when people take it seriously

4. Napalmbrain

Napalmbrain WiiChat Member

A post count doesn't tell you anything about the poster. A member can have 10 or 10,000 posts for all I care, what matters is their attitude, maturity, etc.

5. Kiwi

Kiwi Drug Addicts Unite

Wii Friend Code: 2222-4356-6544-7565
    2222-4356-6544-7565
    I pretty much agree with all of you. Most of the new people here with low post counts are pretty awesome.

6. LeWaffles

LeWaffles CUSTOM

^i think your sig disagrees with you :lol:

7. Fox

Fox Super M╬┐derator
    Staff Member

Wii Friend Code: 2625-5585-1810-7837
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    LMAO :lol::lol::lol:
    That was rich, lol.

Post count doesnt mean anything to me. Never really made that big a deal out of it. There are, however, ways of telling if someone is on often and post count/join date is one ofthem, sooo I dunno.

8. daviduk200

daviduk200 The XBOX 360 Guy

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    some people i'v seen hare have been members since, 2006 (december, november) and have only half my post counts, and they are still active, does that mean im better than them or more experienced, No and alos who can really tell

for instance iv been on Forums for many years now, but only joined this one 2 months ago. for me im experienced in forums, but people cannot tell im experienced because of my post count,

all post count really show is how active a person is, not how experienced or helpfull they are, to be honest i dont see a need in it but i do like it just to compare myself to people i meet

9. ZeLdA4LiFe

ZeLdA4LiFe @SoHugo17 FOLLOW ME? :)

lol post count is worth a truck filled with s**t!!!! LMAO

and i thought being considered a veteran was that you had to be here atleast a year or so. its been a year since i joined so im considered a veteran

10. Byuakuya

Byuakuya Bleach & Heroes fan.

I agree. The post count really doesn't say anything about an individual. As Syntax mentioned above, its the quality of the posts that count, not the quantity. I treat everyone, whether they have a high or low post count, exactly the same. :)

11. chickenwin

chickenwin WiiChat Member

Post count stinks, I remember a guy who got up to like 2500 in post count.

12. Foxy

Foxy Super Ninjarator
    Staff Member

Wii Friend Code: 3881-9484-9041-5848
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Post count means nothing, it is the quality that counts.

It is the maturity and such of a poster that matters, like his attitude online. Does he like to help or reply friendly or does he like to spam and flame?

Some people such as prez view the veterans as the people that help out around the forum and are good posters not the one's who have high post counts and been here for a few months.

Celebrating a post number shouldnt really require a thread in its honor, if you would like to make a note just edit the post which was post [insert number here] and just put, Finally got the [???] mark, or something along those lines.

13. chickenwin

chickenwin WiiChat Member

What? We have to by what you say? :rolleyes:

14. Foxy

Foxy Super Ninjarator
    Staff Member

Wii Friend Code: 3881-9484-9041-5848
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    No it is just me view on the matter, like the original post asked us to say.

15. LeWaffles

LeWaffles CUSTOM

that's what i asked thanks for ur opinions!

16. surfinrach90

surfinrach90 I GOT A JAR OF DIRT.

Meh I'd consider someone like Napalmbrain to be a vet, he's been here a long time AND he helps people out a lot. I wouldn't consider myself a vet because I've only been here since December and I can never really be arsed to help people out lol.. I will if it hasn't been answered yet, but if twenty people already have then I wont see the point.

Post counts doesn't really matter to me.. I mean take that wario.. his post count goes up like a 100-200 every WEEK, he's now overtaken me I think and he's been here like half the time I have =/ and his posts well.. I'll let you be the judge lol.. 3/10 things he posts are okay the rest are well.. :sick:

17. LevesqueIsKing

LevesqueIsKing An Instant Classic

0000-0000-0000-0000
    I disagree with most of you. Post count means a lot to me. It is the easiest and most efficent way to judge a poster. Virtually the only other things you can judge a person on is how they type and what their rep is. Seeing as most forums have rep-whores and that a person's typing only reveals...well...how good they are at typing, post count is the best way to go.
    I do judge people by post count, but only before I really know them. If a veteran asked a stupid question then I would simply state the answer. If a newb (Not someone COMPLETELY new, because common courtesy applies here, but someone who has been around long enough to know the rules, but still disobeys them) asked a stupid question I would rip them apart. It comes with the job of being a newb, and I suggest that newb's get used to it until they eventually get some respect.
    Most of you are saying that quality is better then quantity, and I agree with that, but do you really think a spammer is going to get 1000 posts? Of course not, and if they do you will shortly find out. However, if your a newb and want some respect, then get some, its as simple as that. Post count isn't THE make or break imo, its a guideline. I respect a lot of people on here that have low post counts.

Respect is not a choice in my opinion, it is a duty. You don't have to like a person, but you do have to respect them deservingly. When I first came to Wiichat, I didn't really like Cpt. McCloud, but I did respect him. Now that I've been here a while I've realized that he is a tremendous asset to WiiChat. Not only is he a tremendous poster, but he stands up for things that he believes in, and that is something I can respect in a person.

Respect>Friendship

18. +Maniacal=Maniac+

+Maniacal=Maniac+ Am I Losing Friends?

Wii Friend Code: 4516-7863-9846-6018
    4516-7863-9846-6018

How Bout This:

Respect + Friendship= Good Poster

19. Aussiewii1

Aussiewii1 WiiChat Member

post counts come and go as fast as usernames in this place :lol:

20. LevesqueIsKing

LevesqueIsKing An Instant Classic

0000-0000-0000-0000
    I dont understand the relationship, other then for there to be a new post count there must be a new username, which is extremely literal and probably not what you meant.