How does the sensor bar work?

billy_talent

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
I've been hearing alot about malfunctioning sensor bars or stuff like that, do you put it above your TV screen (on the plastic just above the screen) or what? I havent bought a Wii yet, but I'm curious to see how it works.

From the pictures I saw you put it on the ground beneath your TV =(
This is what I ment in picture form:

my.php

Note, my TV is pretty old, its not flat screen. Its an old projection-type 20"

You have the option of putting it above or beneath, but it's recommended to put it beneath the television.

Cabe said:
really? I had heard that it was recommended you put the sensor bar above the TV?
Can anyone clear this up?
I wish I could recall where I read it, but in some F.A.Q it said it's recommended to put the bar beneath the television. The interweb is full of lies and deceit though, so maybe someone should clear this myth up.

By the way, you're so lucky. I'd love to live in Glasgow. :sick:

Well it's really preference, I mean, you will use more energy if it's on top of the television, while beneath it (I used a food tray) it seemed fine to me, as long as the Wiimote/Nunchuck are directly in front of the bar, then there's no problem at all.

on the demo stand for the Wii's (on the tour thingy)
they had the sensor bars attached to the front of the TV (at the bottom middle of the screen)

TheRook

Neuro said:
By the way, you're so lucky. I'd love to live in Glasgow. :sick:

heh, whats so great about Glasgow? :cool:
Being in a PAL area we get things pretty much last >_<
The PS3 doesn't come out here until March, maybe later

Cabe said:
heh, whats so great about Glasgow? :cool:
Being in a PAL area we get things pretty much last >_<
The PS3 doesn't come out here until March, maybe later
Well, that's the "gaming perspective." There are many other perspectives to consider. The culture, history, landscape, etc..

Love it. I met a girl online little while ago and we talk on MSN every once in a while. But, I've talked to her through Skype a few times and the accent just kills me. It's amazing. :)

Back