Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How good is the Wii??

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by Jessmarree, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Jessmarree

Jessmarree WiiChat Member

Hi All,

Im thinking about getting the Wii in a few weeks time. However... I dont know much about them and want to know if they are worth the money. Ive talked to a few people and they said they prefer the Wii over their XBox'x and Playstations, but i would value other opinions greatly!

I also LOVE the old fasion Mario games, so what games would you reccomend would be best for the wii?

-------
    Jessmarree

2. amirreza

amirreza WiiChat Member

PS3 = Shitty games with great graphics
    Xbox = Great titles such as Halo 3. However you have to pay to play online.
    Wii = Great games with good graphics, free internet and the Virtual Console (Lets you download old school games from NES, SNES, N64, etc. and other stuff.)

I'd get the Wii first, Xbox second and I dunno about the PS3. Maybe wait for the price to go down for that.

3. Jessmarree

Jessmarree WiiChat Member

How do you download the old games?? i have the really really old nintendo and i loved super mario and Alstars.

How easy are the remotes to use??

4. PuppetGuy

PuppetGuy Sock Puppet User

I think the Wii is great. It may have not had the best graphics so far, but the new game, Super Mario Galaxy, will have good graphics and gameplay. Most games have precise motion sensor controls, and you can even make your own little person, called Mii. To download games, you just need internet and then you can go on a thing called Wii Shop Channel. Game systems are: NES, SNES, 64....and two other consoles. You can also download new Wii Channels on it.

...and Amirreza: The PS3 now costs as much as a 360, just so you know.

5. StevenNevets

StevenNevets WiiChat Member

That is a horribly biased post.
    Really. WTF dude.

6. amirreza

amirreza WiiChat Member

Hahaha whoops I forgot to mention the few good games on the PS3 and the amazingly fast internet. God I'm tired.

Get Xbox 360 anyways cuz it has Halo 3. Which, in my opinion, is amazing.

#6 amirreza, Nov 12, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  7. ....wiiiiiii.....

....wiiiiiii..... WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 5312-7293-3513-9932
    5312-7293-3513-9932
    well, the wii has awesome games and good graphics, its just that the developers hasnt taken advantage of the graphics as much as nintendo is doing, atleast some developers.
    the AWESOME wii games out do far are: zelda, resident evil 4, zack and wiki, metroid prime 3 and way more plus the virtual console which is heaps of fun. in my opinion the xbox 360 has better games so far, but if you wait about a year some AWESOME games will be coming out. super mario galaxy and ssbb are coming out realllly soon, and they are both major competitors for game of the year.
    so yeah, pretty much the wii ROCKS, and i dont regret getting one in any way XD. (and the wii controller owns all if the game developers use it good, which is most of the time)

8. PokeWii

PokeWii WiiChat Member

Right now I would get a 360 then Wii then PS3 .... but in a few months id def get a Wii. If your a SSBB (Super Smash Bros Brawl) and Mario Kart fan then you might wana jump on the Wii train now and beat Zelda, MP3 and RE4 and when you get done with those it should be around the time that Brawl is released! But then again 360 has so amazing games like Halo 3 but 360 and PS3 also got SKATE and COD 4(which is godly) and other games with amazing graphics. It all comes down to what you Prefer. Oh and Super mario galaxy came out today so yea.! Good Luck

9. dark samus

dark samus come to the dark side....

Wii Friend Code: 7159-9733-2785-0220
    7159-9733-2785-0220
    get 1, yull never regret it

10. Marc

Marc SuperWii

Wii Friend Code: 4103-3191-5795-3127
    4103-3191-5795-3127
    Well I think its quite good!

Most of the online features and channels are a bit pointless, but theres some good games available now, some with online capability.

11. LiquidD

LiquidD Pwnage Master

Wii Friend Code: 6555-2844-7958-4986
    6555-2844-7958-4986
    You just get some Wii points, either a 2000 card for $20 at some store or credit card, then you just select the game and you download it. If you're playing Super Mario, you just hold the remote on its side and play.

It does take some time to getting used to pointing the remote at first, though.

12. ronjon13

ronjon13 WiiChat Member

the wii and 360/ps3 are not in the same class at all. if you want to have fun with friends and in general get a wii, if you want to be 27 in your parents basement drinking redbulls all day, get a 360. if you have money to burn and want blu-ray get the ps3

13. zapasant

zapasant Where is your god now?

Wii Friend Code: 2887-9874-6238-6951
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    how good is the wii.....good enough that you should buy

14. highroller

highroller WiiChat Member

PS3 is the best console technically, but games are not that good yet, even thou graphics are the bests, game play is not that appealing. There are just a few games really good like Heavenly Sword, Call of Duty 4 and Half Life: The Orange Box

XBOX 360, the best games available and graphics close to the PS3, but the console is too fragile and gets damaged very easily. If you want to send to repair your console every n months, this is the one. Not recommended

Wii, great game play, good games with the ones released tomorrow (11/13), but graphics are not that good as the other two, but overall is the most appealing.

I would say:

1. Wii (for gameplay and fun factor)
    2. PS3 (for graphics)
    3. XBOX 360 (too unreliable)

#14 highroller, Nov 12, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  15. wii7036

wii7036 wiisupernerd

Wii Friend Code: 1147-8411-9710-7036
    1147-8411-9710-7036
    ok, the wii is great. that is it. what more do you want? you can download the "retro" games through your wii. you need wireless to have this though. you buy a card in a store to put in a pin to get wii points to buy the games on the wii shop channel. pm me for more info.

16. TiwazTyrsfist

TiwazTyrsfist Dubito Ego Sum

No, it seems accurate to me.

17. Prepster

Prepster WiiChat Member

Good system to buy. I suggest people buy the wii, and 360

18. wolfsocr20

wolfsocr20 WiiChat Member

i have a wii and a 360. i play my wii for a change in gameplay. i mostly play shooters and sports games on my 360. on the wii i really like zelda and games like that. i think that there is great potential for this genre of games to be made for the wii, developers just haven't gotten a hold of it yet.