how hard...

nintendo person12

WiiChat Member
Apr 25, 2007
was it to get your wii?...i went to other forums and find out this student got a wii from his parents for getting good grades. Well to get my wii i begged my parents for a wii and it was 2 months past my birthday and said that i would pay for it. Just to get a permission to buy a wii.

whats your story?

Starting around early November to early December I would phone in to various stores to check and see if they had any consoles in. Unfortunately I didn't have any luck finding one. However my parents had purchased it earlier on for my brother and I and gave it to us at Christmas...

So other than the 15+ phone calls I made it wasn't that hard since my parents had purchased it for us.

well i wanted one pretty badly before the launch but my dad doesnt like me spending my money on Video games (HES LAME) so i didnt bother to ask him well i worked with him at his job and i juss thought i would ask juss messing around and he said hes so i was like YESS then when i called to see if i could reserve it around a week before the launch NO WHERE HAD IT to reserve ( i didnt notice it was THAT BIG at the time lol) well i decided to go on launch day at 12 and no where would let me get one so then i went to bed and around 12 noon i walked into a toys r us and grabbed the LAST two tickets cuz i was going to buy another one to make some money off of it ( but gave it to a friend) then i was the last in line and i got a wii. lol pretty good luck! yeahh pretty boring story but w.e

I use to the money I earned at my job and bought it with 5 games extra controller and nuchucks and also some Wii points. You have to be a little independent and stop asking your mummy for money or her to buys you things and earn it.

Very hard
I had to get dressed
Go outside
Wait for the buss
Get on the buss
Sit next to someone I dont know
Get off at the shopping center
Walk to game
Hand over my preorder slip
Wait for them to get it
Put my card in the slot
Put in the number with my fingers extended
Then I got it

Fun version
I packed my sack with the usual items witch where
My 100hp drink
My maxed out DeathKitanna
Put on my armor all maxed out
Went out of my domain killing the dragon on the way
Killed a few low level peons
Got on the carriage
Maimed the person sat near the window
Carriage was attacked (damn random fights)
Killed the peons
Went and met the boss (strman lv100)
He was surrounded by lower level peons (about lv50 each)
I played my Card of credit
They died the strman took little damage
So I drew my maxed out DeathKitana
and said BANKAIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Insert loads of flashy shite here
Struck him down
Received the wii
Ending was the journey home Credits rolled TBC at the end

place: the roccafella center nintendo store
date: the first monday after the launch
time: 20 min wait @ 10am

I waited in line in late October to preorder it for about an hour and half. It was paid off by the time the release came around so I just went in at midnight and picked it up. Of course I walked away with a smug smile as other people came in asking if they could get one, but were turned away.

I got mines at Toys R Us in a sunday morning around 9am and this was at November.. picked up my wii, the accessories and few games and went home and just started playing it all day, haha.. i was really happy when i got me a wii.

I was smart. Saved up as soon as I heard about the Launch day and Pre-Ordered

I wasn't one of those tards who waited to lauch day and went 'Oh NOEEES!!!!! I didn't Pre-Order'

We went all over Lima.We thought maybe we'd be lucky and find one at the game store.We went to Game Crazy and asked the guy working if they had any wiis.He said no but they had a waiting list.We were number 9 on the list.We got it in 2 weeks.We went back to put ourselves on that list again for my mother in law.It took 1 week this time.She'll be pretty happy on Mother's Day. :)

I was given £500 so i just went to the shop and said i want a wii and they said ok and somehow when i got home i had a wii and zelda tlp, the rest of the money is now going on a 360

I used the money from my birthday that i never spent and just walked into a shop and bought one which was a day after launch (8th December), so there shouldn't of been any stock. But luckily i live in australia so there was no problem. i also got tp on the day and wii play.:lol:

Back