How is BWii online?

Atomheart

M'bating to Z Suit Samus
Jul 30, 2007
WI
I own the first BW and I find it to be OK. The real draw for me with BWii is the online, though. I used to be a hardcore RTS junkie back in the day. Now, I realize this game is strategy-lite, but still should be pretty fun online.

So how is the online? Do a lot of people play? Are the battles spontaneous and unique or does every game feel pretty much the same? How do the factories work?

If I can snag this game for cheap, I might just have to buy it.

The only is fast and very fun. You'll enjoy it a lot. There's always people on to play. And for the factories, you simply have to capture them and that's it. They just start producing things for you. It's a blast online, trust me.

Shoko said:
The only is fast and very fun. You'll enjoy it a lot. There's always people on to play. And for the factories, you simply have to capture them and that's it. They just start producing things for you. It's a blast online, trust me.

Do you get to pick what they manufacture or does it just automatically manufacture a pre-determined unit?

Atomheart said:
Do you get to pick what they manufacture or does it just automatically manufacture a pre-determined unit?

Barracks produce all your infantry units, regular Factories of w/e theyre called produce tanks and recons, and air fields make your air units. Simple as that.

Too bad you cant pick yourself like advance wars. Kinda was hoping for that. But hey! Better this way than no way at all right!

Still cant wait for this game. Only 2 more weeks :D:D

Dorkfish said:
Barracks produce all your infantry units, regular Factories of w/e theyre called produce tanks and recons, and air fields make your air units. Simple as that.

So, for example, with a barracks can you choose which units are produced (e.g., rifle infantry or bazooka or etc.) or does it just spit out pre-determined unit types. Do you have any choice which come out at all?

one of the best online experiences for the wii i must say

Well, I hope this game is fun online. I just snagged one for $33 shipped over at Gametz.

Question: Are you stats (wins/losses) tracked online? Also, if so, if you're winning and someone disconnects, do you still get a win?

Also, I found this in a generic description for the game:

"Use Map Screen Commanding to order from afar"

So, can you move units around in the overview map screen? Can you send them anywhere?

Last edited:
Atomheart said:
Well, I hope this game is fun online. I just snagged one for $33 shipped over at Gametz.

Question: Are you stats (wins/losses) tracked online? Also, if so, if you're winning and someone disconnects, do you still get a win?

Also, I found this in a generic description for the game:

"Use Map Screen Commanding to order from afar"

So, can you move units around in the overview map screen? Can you send them anywhere?

Well, there are three modes. Co-op, Assault, and Skirmish. Co-op is self explanatory, Assault is having one player defending a base and one person assaulting, and skirmish is just last one standing. I think there are trackers for each type of gameplay, so the wins/losses arnt all totalled together. I have to check the online again, i havnt played online for a while.

Atomheart said:
So, for example, with a barracks can you choose which units are produced (e.g., rifle infantry or bazooka or etc.) or does it just spit out pre-determined unit types. Do you have any choice which come out at all?

It just spits like one unit out of each type at teh same time basically.

Last edited:
Back