How is the online connection?

PtonJalken

Ptowwnaagee!
Dec 25, 2006
Canada
Wii Online Code
7740-5070-1158-5119
Hey,

well im over here striker-less in Canada and im wondering how the online speed/connection quality is? Is there any lag?

Any wireless Wii's with normal Highspeed (around say 1000kbs) having problems ?

thx,

im connected wirelessley, and have had no major problems. You are told about the quality of the connection before you accept each game, if its not a good connection then dont play it lol. Just wait for the next game.

As long as yu stick to the games with a good connection, youll be fine.

I'm in Canada playing online (imported) USB wired on Rogers HighSpeed, no problems whatsoever with connection some slight lag depending on amount of stars on connections but nothing that is unplayable though...

I usually get 3 stars on the connection and very rarely 4 stars but that's because I'm playing mostly with people overseas, LOL. When it's released over here in Canada, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a lot more 4 star connections...

:smilewinkgrin:

Last edited:
Nemix said:
I'm in Canada playing online (imported) USB wired on Rogers HighSpeed, no problems whatsoever with connection some slight lag depending on amount of stars on connections but nothing that is unplayable though...

I usually get 3 stars on the connection and very rarely 4 stars but that's because I'm playing mostly with people overseas, LOL. When it's released over here in Canada, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a lot more 4 star connections...

:smilewinkgrin:

what is roger's kbs rate?

and if u have a eurowii, how are you going to play NA people :/

its region blocked, no?

Sorry, sholud have been specific. It's a North Amercian Wii modded. I have no idea what the modchip it is but it lets me play imports and that's all I know...

Guess there's no region block cause I'm playing Euro people right now or maybe just a bunch of other people who have a modchip like myself in North America?

It's suppose to be 500/Kbs but I get 800/Kbs for some reason, so I'm not complaining. Keep in mind that I have 3 computers and a Wii connected via router, so in theory anthing over 100/Kbs is good...

Last edited:
Nemix said:
Sorry, sholud have been specific. It's a North Amercian Wii modded. I have no idea what the modchip it is but it lets me play imports and that's all I know...

Guess there's no region block cause I'm playing Euro people right now or maybe just a bunch of other people who have a modchip like myself in North America?

It's suppose to be 500/Kbs but I get 800/Kbs for some reason, so I'm not complaining. Keep in mind that I have 3 computers and a Wii connected via router, so in theory anthing over 100/Kbs is good...

nah ur probly playing Europeans, since the game is from there.

And when you mean #/Kbs. Are you talking Your download speed (Kbps) or your net speed (Kbs)

thx for info btw.

Very rarely there's a short moment of lag I'd say, otherwise it's fully fluent. I live in Europe, and 99% of the connections are 4 star (out of 4).

Its only possible to play europeans if you have their friend code added. But since your game is PAL, i presume you ARE playing europeans

Tried to play a couple of games online for the first time tonight. It was ok, a stumble here and there, but mainly smooth. Attached the net usage for people that wanna know. It does not seem to need much at all. End of the graph is when I played a couple of games.

Attachments

• Wii-day.jpg
    Wii-day.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 139
Back