how long did you have to wait in line to get the wii

Here's my story...

I didn't have enough money to get a Wii, so I got it as a Christmas present. But I still went to go and pick it up just because it was exciting!

Anyways, I call a bunch of local places, none of which have any Nintendos in stock. Finally, I call Circuit City and they said that they have some and that they'll be opening up at 10:00 the next morning.

I get there at around 9:00-9:30. I was probably eighth, ninth or tenth in line. Finally, someone comes out and says that they gave all of their Wiis out to people at 7:00 in the morning.

We were all pissed off because we were told that they wouldn't be giving them out before they opened that morning, so we basically waited in line for nothing. There were some people who were extremely pissed off, and they let the manager know it.

Finally, the manager says that he'll allow us to reserve a Wii for the next shipment, so we payed for it there and all that stuff. I open it up on Christmas morning, and I've been playing it ever since.

toXic said:
I get there at around 9:00-9:30. I was probably eighth, ninth or tenth in line. Finally, someone comes out and says that they gave all of their Wiis out to people at 7:00 in the morning.

We were all pissed off because we were told that they wouldn't be giving them out before they opened that morning, so we basically waited in line for nothing. There were some people who were extremely pissed off, and they let the manager know it.

That's exactly happened at this Circuit City store in my area. Just like you, I got there around 9:30. I was happy because the line was so short. And then when the door opened, this guy came out and said that they were all sold out because the vouchers were given out at 7:00am! And then, a month later, when I got there again, a security guy at that shopping center said that a line was formed since 3:00am in the morning! WTF! :yikes: I didn't have to wait but I wasted my time getting up early on Sunday morning.

paintba||er said:

I'm going to get it chipped, maybe that will make me like it more...That or if some good games come out...
And I think that's the reason why Wii's getting so much more popular because modded Wii can play all kind of games: homebrew, backup games, old school roms and more.... As for me, I still buy games to support game developers. Besides, compared to xbox360 or PS3, Wii games is the cheapest (most wii games are $50, while xbox360 and PS3 games are $60 for most. Not to mention the top, must-have game Resident Evil 4 is only $30!! Wii accesories are also cheaper!)

my brother works at a local Kmart, he pulled one out of the pre orders 4 me. sucks to be the last guy to pick up there pre order, ive got it! connections ftw

i waited 28 hours to get my wii which seems like alot longer than everyone else haha. The wal mart in my town got 20 wiis and there were 20 people in line about 20 hours before it came out so it was in high demand in my town. At least we got to wait inside. The people in the neighboring town had to wait out side in the cold rain. I was third in line the guy right in front of me came at the same time i did and the guy first in line had been there a whole day already. Anyways for the first 6 hours of the wait it was just 6 of us that all had gone to high school togather so it was pretty sweet we had the store pretty much to ourselves but around 6 or 7 that morning some more people got in line and they were jerks. So the rest of the time i was not allowed to get up but hell it was so worth it because i have been loving my wii since launch.

didnt have to wait 1 minute, my brother got a call from one of his friends saying that toyrs r u had a new shipment just in. he nipped down and got it asap, and bought it home.

As del boy would say; lovely jubley.

I went to EBGames one day after Launch and ordered a Wii. They told me there is no way to get one before January. Two days later they called me and told me that I could get my Wii.

Back