how long did you have to wait in line to get the wii

i waited exactly...um...wait, i didnt wait. i walked into gamestop and said i want a wii, got the last one and i payed for it, and left. :D

SensesFail said:
i waited exactly...um...wait, i didnt wait. i walked into gamestop and said i want a wii, got the last one and i payed for it, and left. :D

lucky you ...

well I had to call around for a week. I finally got one July 4th at target. They said they had two in stock over the phone, half an hour later, I got the last one :smilewinkgrin:

Edit: the half an hour was getting to the store; I didn't wait in line

Last edited:
Robin_Hood{Joshua} said:
a lot of you had to wait a while, me i went to Walmart on Dec. 20th, and walked in a got it, didnt reserve it or anything, i thought i was amazingly lucky, come on 5 days before Christmas walk in and out with a Wii in 5 min, wow i thought i was lucky

wow that is lucky

i sitll have friends who can't find a wii though, so i consider anyone that walks in and just buys a wii pretty lucky

I went to Babbages, a game store in the Mall and the guy was talking on phone saying they only have 1 Wii left but it does not have the Wii Sports with it. I asked him if there still hard to get, the Wii Systems. He said "yep". I cant believe they are still hard to get. Most systems after awhile of being out and being sold, you can walk into a store and get one off the shelf. The PS3 like a week after coming out, this guy was walking around in Target and there were six of them on the shelf, he bought all six. Dont ask why, I have no idea. Wait how much is that? Isnt that like 3600 bucks?

Wii_Pro said:
Most systems after awhile of being out and being sold, you can walk into a store and get one off the shelf. The PS3 like a week after coming out, this guy was walking around in Target and there were six of them on the shelf, he bought all six. Dont ask why, I have no idea. Wait how much is that? Isnt that like 3600 bucks?

That's true! I've never seen anything like this. It's almost another Christmas again and Nintendo will do really, really well this year! And as for the guy that grabbed 6 PS3, that's insane! All the electronics stores in my area (Target, Walmart, Best Buy...) have stacks and stacks of PS3 piled up and nobody touch it!

Funny thing is, nobody touchy el PS3, cause price too expensey. Just be patient young one's it'll drop they always do....enjoy the wii! Supply-demand, say it with me, if price too high, no one buy, if price drop, there is always a flop. -old ancient chinese proverb

13 hours. If I'd been two or three hours later, I wouldn't have had one. Funny thing is though, I haven't touched my Wii since finishing Twilight Princess.

The Place i Ordered from (i live in the middle of nowhere) i had to waite for a pre-order and i just got my Wii like 3 days ago since launch date. so i been waiting for months. And Finally got it.

got there about 6:45, got a ticket at 7:30, store opened at 9, first touched at 9:47, first played at 10:16.

About an hour and a half for the store to open then another 10 minutes until they let me in (only 5 people were allowed in the store at a time) so not to long. When I arrived the line only had 5 people in it but after about 10 minutes later the line was getting bigger (at least 50 people) so was pretty lucky I arrived when I did.

Belmont said:
dude we are dedicated to the cause haha. I had been planning my wait for like 6 months haha i wanted a wii so bad.
It was just a last minute decision for me. I was going to camp for a PS3 but people lined up a week before it was released and all the stores only had 3-5 of them so I didn't line up. Then some people on a 360 forum convinced me to get a Wii so I got that instead.

FWELR said:
got there about 6:45, got a ticket at 7:30, store opened at 9, first touched at 9:47, first played at 10:16.
You keep track of the exact times? :eek:ut:

paintba||er said:

It was just a last minute decision for me. I was going to camp for a PS3 but people lined up a week before it was released and all the stores only had 3-5 of them so I didn't line up. Then some people on a 360 forum convinced me to get a Wii so I got that instead.

You keep track of the exact times? :eek:ut:
im not crazy.... :scared:

no, i just made up the times. personally, the only one im sure of is that the store opened at 9 AM. they were just estimates.

i reserved one at argos for launch day went straight in within 90 seconds i had it

Back