how long did you wait?

I preordered mine but I got chickenpox right before launch day so I waited about 20 minutes for my mom to pick it up for me

I got in line at 6PM on Saturday and we received our tickets at 745 AM Sunday at Target in south Austin TX.

I was number 22. The store got 72 units and all were sold out that AM to folks in line.

Got in line 3:45am outside Bestbuy (Scarborough Town Centre - Toronto). Had to sit on concrete and stand most of the time. Almost half the people there had DS and I was askin myself the whole time why I didn't bring mine.

Was number 54 out of 81 which was pretty good stock. BTW, I almost didn't get my Wii cuz my credit card transaction kept getting denied and I had to wait for someone to bail me out. But, by the time it was 9:30am they still hadn't shown up and I had until 10am to buy it. Somehow I tried again and it worked.

Guess it was Wii magic.

I waited from midnight to 8am for Wal-Mart to open. It seems like Wal-Mart wasn't told how to handle launch day, becuase experiences camping there are mixed. Some Wal-Marts seem to have let people rush the store, some of them (like the one I waited outside of) were smart and handed out tickets or kept a list.

Anyway, I was out there from midnight, and at around 4, The Parents started joinging us xHxCx Gamers outside. Except they lined up at the front door, hoping to weasel their way in before us. However, they weren't aware that there was a list made up, and that it didn't matter whether they were at the front of the store or sitting in their car. Anyway, most of them ended up getting a Wii anyway, but I heard a mother (who got there at about 7) say "forget this!" and stomp off when she found out she didn't get one. As if the people who sat in the cold outsnight don't deserve one as much as this SUV driving b*tch. :mad5:

Serves her right!

I was in line at Future Shop at 4am, and was 17 in line. They opened at 10am but the manager came out around 8am to give out tickets, so I waited about 6 hrs. However, Best Buy and Walmart who were close by opened at 8am. So we could see the people going into the store to purchase their Wii while we waited in the cold:(

The thing is, as I stated in another post, Best Buy had about 4 Wii's 3 days after, so if I only waited I could've got some sleep on Sat nite. But then again it did take me 2 days to get connected, so I wouldn't have figured out how to connect manual unti Fri.

don't all hate me at once, but mine was delivered right to my house at 9:00 AM on friday morning.
Ah, what a feeling that was..

paintba||er said:
Friday?!?! You had one before release?!?!
Ah what a glorious day that friday was..
first, being forced to miss school to wait for the package to come
then the package arriving - right on time - at 9:00am
then, to top it all off, i called Nintendo customer service to get the internet working, and it just so happened that Nintendo, that big awsome company, needed MY help. It ended up being a problem on their side, but they noticed, and fixed it because of me :smilewinkgrin:

Perhaps the best friday ever??

Back