how long does e-mail take?

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
I added my e-mail address to the wii, and i got the e-mail saying asking to accept it. I did, and thats it. The wii hasent gotten an e-mail and the name still isnt highlighted.... Anybody know why? DOes it a take a long time? Its been a few hours... Thanks

Took mine days and still nothing, i just erased my email address from my address book cause it wasnt worth the wait

i wonder why, maybe b/c its not wii to wii??

i also tried replying to the invitataion e-mails a couple of times. but that didnt work either..

Mine only took a few minutes? o_O Hmm. Sometimes it takes like 30 minutes for me to recieve messages from other wiis though.

hmmmmm.. maybe b/c the servers r packed. so the time is differnt each time u send.recieve e-mails from wii to wii and maybe if u use other e-mails like aol, msn, etc... it works sometimes.?? i have no idea lol

They should get more servers running for Wii email if it takes that long. I dont think it would hurt Nintendo too much

yeah, same thing happened to a Free MMO i played, Silkroad Online, took them a while to get new servers up

i think the system is great...what improvements do u think?

What is email on the Wii like? Does Nintendo provide you with a new email address? Can someone show me an example of a Wii Email address please.

The address is this format:

w[your console number]@wii.com

people must be on your Wii address book to send and recieve emails. You cannot send photos to non Wii users but they can send you photos.

Basically it's a kind of lame e-mail address. For example, [email protected].

It's your friend code with a "w" following behind it @wii.com.

Not the best. I personally would have liked the option to have a username like XBox (I don't have an XBox, though). It's alright, though. Most people I'm assuming won't use their Wii for emailing.

Oh that is pretty lame. How does someone go around remembering that so they can email their buddy through the Wii? That kind of sucks. Oh well, better then no email.

Back