How Long Does It Take You To Beat A Game?

Robertking1123

Guitar Hero 2 Lover
Feb 15, 2007
irving, texas
Wii Online Code
1240-9149-8383-7207
I was looking at some forums here and other places and wanted to know how long does it take you to beat certain games? i mean anyone can blow past stuff and still "beat" the game but is it really beating the game if you didnt get everything. for instance remember sonic 2 you could beat the game and see the ending with him falling but you REALLY beat the game when he is flying as super sonic. some people say well i use the stategy guide why, to me that takes the fun out of figuing it out yourself to get that satisfation of sayin i did that myself with no help. now if your stuck then by all means go for it. but there are websites like game faqs that also help with that.

anywho could some one explain to me how the hell people beat games in a couple of hours to a day or a couple of weeks?:mad2:

Last edited:
Their Nerds.... They just stay on it all day with a minifridge next to them lol. Simple as xD
No wonder they don't have Girlfriends and if they do She must be bored as hell watching him! Unless they both Nerds then they should be a locked away couple

Not all games have the same length and gamers can be specially skilled in a certain genre.

This question can't have one answer.

i know it cant have one answer if some one beats a game they usually say what game it was they beat in what time. i want to read diffrent answers. hell thats like some one getting God of War 2 when it comes out and the next day talking bout i love that ending. wtf in other words people will have their opinon about the people who do it but my aim is for the people that do it

for instance i beat guitar hero 2 on expert in how ever long it takes to play each song. but it wasnt all five stars and i didnt unlock the other guitars cuz i didnt bother with easy medium and hard. so i guess you can say i completed guitar hero but not beat.

it depends on the game. If it's an easy game (and I mean easy) about a week. If it's a hard-core game, well, when you calculate it for me, you have to remember the other games I'll play, and how often I play it. Sometimes it takes a few months. I got Zelda for wii on launch and i'm in temple of time right now, but if you add up all the gameplay, it's only been about 40 hours. But altogether it's been a few months. I'm just dragging it along now, that's it for me.

you guys are not understanding i already know it depends on the game thats why i want to know what game it was and i know it depends on the gameplay time. what im sayin is i read on here some where that some one beat that new sonic game in like 12 hours another person said in a day. i dont know if it was straight through or on and off but most games nowadays tell you how long after you save it i talking about people who beat games in rediculous times.

its up to player
you beat it the game when the game shows that you beat it
you dont have to unlock everything in order to beat a game
if you unlocked something you would say: i unlocked everything in that game
meaning you beat it + got everything else there is to get
if you say you beat the game, you got to the climax and defeated the main problem

To: Sovieto

lets break this down

you: its up to player

me :what is what they consider beating the game? so if i keep losing on the last stage and i give the contoller to someone else and they defeate the boss is that beating the game. i mean i saw the ending.

you: you beat it the game when the game shows that you beat it

me: have you not played valkery profile that game has three endings and the only way you beat the game is if you got the b ending or the best a ending. what about silent hill or anyother game that has multiple endings if the game is really beat why did you see the "bad ending"?

you: you dont have to unlock everything in order to beat a game

me: where's the challenge i know people dont wanna play games that are too easy. back to guitar hero 2 i beat freebird frist time playing but i only got 3 stars. i could say i beat it but its not beating till i get 5 stars. even better what about abe's oddessy? you could run through it but, if you didnt save at least 50 muddockens they would save your ass in the end. but if you do they save you blah blah blah.

you: if you unlocked something you would say: i unlocked everything in that game
if you say you beat the game, you got to the climax and defeated the main problem

me: that doesnt makes sense to me b/c you just said earlier that its up to the player and to me its not beating the game. if you didnt do everything i know you mean probably like zelda tryin to get all lil power up but, im talkin about like god of war. i completed story mode on spartan but i still havent beat challenge of the gods. so to me i have not beat that game. what about soinc adventure? you can complete everyone's story mode but they still have those other stages. like Sonic's beat the stage in less than 2 min, get 50 rings and destroy capsule.

just like you have your opinion about what is beating a game i have mine. but i wanted to know who beat what in a short amount of time not who thinks i am right about what i think about beating games

Last edited:
say wha???

i consider a game beat if you make it through the core missions and see the end credits, what you did to get there and how much of it you did is irrelevant. You started the game, you finished the game. End of story.

Especially in regards to Zelda and Mario games, you can run through and do JUST the main stuff and be done in X amount of hours, or you can do the core game and the all the side quest and double even triple the time it takes to finish the game.

So, beating the game consists of only making it to the end and watching the credits. Everything else is just personal choice and gaming fluff.

Darth_Zant said:
say wha???

i consider a game beat if you make it through the core missions and see the end credits, what you did to get there and how much of it you did is irrelevant. You started the game, you finished the game. End of story.

Especially in regards to Zelda and Mario games, you can run through and do JUST the main stuff and be done in X amount of hours, or you can do the core game and the all the side quest and double even triple the time it takes to finish the game.

So, beating the game consists of only making it to the end and watching the credits. Everything else is just personal choice and gaming fluff.

your just contradicting yourself. you just said you consider beating a game as what you believed.

i dont think the same way you do and like many people said there are too many games to try to support what you just typed. yea we can all rush through mario but what about the games that make you put in some work? i mean you could run through it, but you might not get the full ending or bad or even the ok ending. like i said valkery profile you can run through that game if you want but the ending would suck but if you do most of the things nedded to do you get the ok ending and if you do everything you get the best ending.

now again i dont wanna know if you agree with what i think about beating a game i wanna know has anyone beat any game in a quick amount of time.

since people dont seem to understand here is an example of a post from a diffrent forum.

Nintendo Survivor09-08-2004, 08:55 PM
I beat Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes in like 1 hour 30 minutes. I also beat the original Super Mario Bros. in less than 10 mins if you allow the use of all those hidden warp pipes.

we already know about the warp pipe thing but i know people who went to each stage and beat it.

and metal gear solid is a pretty straight forward game but 1h 30 min damn thats what im talking about not do you agree with my veiw on beating a game.

Robertking1123 said:
To: Sovieto

lets break this down

you: its up to player

me :what is what they consider beating the game? so if i keep losing on the last stage and i give the contoller to someone else and they defeate the boss is that beating the game. i mean i saw the ending.

you: you beat it the game when the game shows that you beat it

me: have you not played valkery profile that game has three endings and the only way you beat the game is if you got the b ending or the best a ending. what about silent hill or anyother game that has multiple endings if the game is really beat why did you see the "bad ending"?

you: you dont have to unlock everything in order to beat a game

me: where's the challenge i know people dont wanna play games that are too easy. back to guitar hero 2 i beat freebird frist time playing but i only got 3 stars. i could say i beat it but its not beating till i get 5 stars. even better what about abe's oddessy? you could run through it but, if you didnt save at least 50 muddockens they would save your ass in the end. but if you do they save you blah blah blah.

you: if you unlocked something you would say: i unlocked everything in that game

me: that doesnt makes sense to me b/c you just said earlier that its up to the player and to me its not beating the game. if you didnt do everything i know you mean probably like zelda tryin to get all lil power up but, im talkin about like god of war. i completed story mode on spartan but i still havent beat challenge of the gods. so to me i have not beat that game. what about soinc adventure? you can complete everyone's story mode but they still have those other stages. like Sonic's beat the stage in less than 2 min, get 50 rings and destroy capsule.

just like you have your opinion about what is beating a game i have mine. but i wanted to know who beat what in a short amount of time not who thinks i am right about what i think about beating games
meh i didnt even understand your post, i thought you had a question......
it dose seem like anyone knows what your trying to say

this is what i posted
i see im going to have to break it down i said it quite clear but so many people want to challenge what i believe is called beating the game that they dont see the question mark.

I was looking at some forums here and other places and wanted to know how long does it take you to beat certain games?
THAT WAS THE QUESTION THE REST WAS MY OPINION ABOUT WHAT BEATING A GAME IS!!!!!

Robertking1123 said:
this is what i posted
i see im going to have to break it down i said it quite clear but so many people want to challenge what i believe is called beating the game that they dont see the question mark.

I was looking at some forums here and other places and wanted to know how long does it take you to beat certain games?
THAT WAS THE QUESTION THE REST WAS MY OPINION ABOUT WHAT BEATING A GAME IS!!!!!
oh...
took be a couple hours to beat gears of war
meh idk

Back