How long till you thing Sony makes a PS3 light

CoreyNJ

WiiChat Member
Jan 1, 2007
If they cut out Blue-Ray (assuming the games aren't blue-ray format) and they cut out some additional stuff they could be in direct line with the Xbox360's price. In that case they would not be competing with the likes of Dell, HP and all the other computer vendors for a share of household disposable income.

It would be a big political decision for them as I know they were hoping including blue-ray would help blue-ray beat out HD-DVD by providing a large install base, but it's at the expense of pricing the game system out of most family's easy reach.

i like blu Ray, no restrictions with space disk wise,imagine the amount and lengh of CG movies in games like final fantasy

Last edited:
I understand that right now the PS3 is the cheapest way to get blue-ray. I just would like sony to succeed with the PS3 and I think they priced themselves away from many in their target audience (18-34 crowd).

I think they would like to gain profit from the funding spent to drive the cells development and the rest of the console, but the console aint even out world wide yet, we have to wait till march!

once its out world wide,the sales comparision would then be fair.

Apparently some people don't follow the gaming news where every week they talk about sales being low in both the U.S. and Japan.

Unfortunately, Blu-ray can't be cut from PS3 since the PS3 games are on Blu-ray discs.

If they do, all their future game releases from that point on must be on DVD discs for compatibility issues.

Bottom line, it will never happen. Sony will rise or fall with Blu-ray.

Actually there are players in developement called Total HD players that will play both formats. So it might be possible for both formats to live for a lot longer than originally thought.

Anyone remember FF7? It came on 3 disks and was $39.99. On top of that it was one of the best games ever made. I think Sony has completely forgotten how to make a great game. If they ditched blue ray and put some games on multiple DVDs, it wouldn't be so bad. If they dropped the price of the games, it would be great. Sony chose CD formats back in the day to save money over catridges. They clearly haven't followed what made them great in the past.

All I hear today are excuses why things cost so much. Well excuses in the business world equals failure.

If you mean light, as in smaller, then the PS3 light would still be the size of a small family car...

vagrant said:
Apparently some people don't follow the gaming news where every week they talk about sales being low in both the U.S. and Japan.

Apparently some people don't Realise thats only two countrys.

Although some people don't realise that those two countries are two of the main countries in the game industry... Plus the U.S is huge compared to any other country

UK,Australia,Europe Dont have Ps3s Yet, PSP sells the most in the UK ( from what i read ), those countrys will give sales a healthy boost come March.

I doubt it... if you lived in the UK, you'd know that most of the PS1/2 fanboys are actually dole-bound chavs, who really, really won't be able to afford a PS3 in the next year, and the reason they sell PSP's so much is because they're very, very cheap over here, and that they've been hacked to bits

*edit* put PS2 instead of PS3

Well Only Time will tell, if your right and with a world wide release of the ps3 resulting in still slow sales, i would suspect a huge price drop to match the xbox360, thats actually a great outcome for me. Heres hoping Lol.

Well if there was a price drop like that i would probably get one, just for the sake of it (gettign a job in the next week or two) but i doubt it'll happen, like i mentioned in one of the other threads i'm sure you've read, sony is losing a LOT of money on each PS3 sold, so a price drop for them would just be stupid, i think a pull from the market is more likely, with my limited experience in business, that is

Back