How many controllers?

digitalCajun

WiiChat Member
Dec 11, 2006
I'm trying to decide if I need to get a total of 4 Wiimotes + 4 nunchucks or not.

I have 3 young sons, and they'll want to play together, so I'm in the market for games that allow 2-4 simultaneous players. I don't know how many there are, though, so I don't want to buy extra controllers if there aren't any 3 or 4 player games on the market. Any advice?

digitalCajun, Wii controllers are very expensive. If you want to be safe it may be best to get 3 Wiimotes and hold out on the nunchucks as I don't think any 4 player games use them.

Wii Sports uses 4 players in Tennis I believe, as do some Wii Play games. I would recommend waiting for Wii Play as you get a Wiimote with it.

digitalCajun said:
I'm trying to decide if I need to get a total of 4 Wiimotes + 4 nunchucks or not.

I have 3 young sons, and they'll want to play together, so I'm in the market for games that allow 2-4 simultaneous players. I don't know how many there are, though, so I don't want to buy extra controllers if there aren't any 3 or 4 player games on the market. Any advice?

What games were you looking at getting them? Wii sports (comes with the console) has 4 player games, but the only one you need the nunchuck for is boxing. You can play bowling and golf with one controller if you want.

Deathmetalmaster said:
What games were you looking at getting them? Wii sports (comes with the console) has 4 player games, but the only one you need the nunchuck for is boxing. You can play bowling and golf with one controller if you want.

Aha. Sounds like I don't actually need 4 nunchucks, then, so I'll shoot for 2 extra wiimotes (giving me 3 total) and 3 'chucks for now. That way I can add a 4th wiimote when WiiPlay ships.

Good plan! I'd wait on the 'chucks though, until a game comes out that uses them. You wouldn't get much use out of them currently, so there's no point - there's always a possibility they will drop in price in the coming months if Nintendo find a way to produce them for cheaper.

Back