Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How many controllers?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by digitalCajun, Dec 11, 2006.

1. digitalCajun

digitalCajun WiiChat Member

I'm trying to decide if I need to get a total of 4 Wiimotes + 4 nunchucks or not.

I have 3 young sons, and they'll want to play together, so I'm in the market for games that allow 2-4 simultaneous players. I don't know how many there are, though, so I don't want to buy extra controllers if there aren't any 3 or 4 player games on the market. Any advice?

2. Kittie Rose

Kittie Rose WiiChat Member

digitalCajun, Wii controllers are very expensive. If you want to be safe it may be best to get 3 Wiimotes and hold out on the nunchucks as I don't think any 4 player games use them.

Wii Sports uses 4 players in Tennis I believe, as do some Wii Play games. I would recommend waiting for Wii Play as you get a Wiimote with it.

3. Deathmetalmaster

Deathmetalmaster WiiChat Member

What games were you looking at getting them? Wii sports (comes with the console) has 4 player games, but the only one you need the nunchuck for is boxing. You can play bowling and golf with one controller if you want.

4. digitalCajun

digitalCajun WiiChat Member

Aha. Sounds like I don't actually need 4 nunchucks, then, so I'll shoot for 2 extra wiimotes (giving me 3 total) and 3 'chucks for now. That way I can add a 4th wiimote when WiiPlay ships.

5. Kittie Rose

Kittie Rose WiiChat Member

Good plan! I'd wait on the 'chucks though, until a game comes out that uses them. You wouldn't get much use out of them currently, so there's no point - there's always a possibility they will drop in price in the coming months if Nintendo find a way to produce them for cheaper.