How Many Of You REALLY Explore Games?

I Liked Finding The Fairy FOuntains In OoT Myself, And I Was Wearing My Hover Boots In Gerudo Valley ANd Desided To Run Of The Edge Into The River... It Was Fun! I Did It Without The Hover Boots The Next Time ANd He Did A Cool Looking DIve!

Yeah I always try to be as thorough as possible, but if I miss something I always have friends that say "you don't have that? Here I'll show you where to start!" or something like that.

KaDee said:
So it would be safe to say that you will definitely be taking your time through TP, taking in the sights and scenary to its fullest.

But due to wanting to see so much and finally fill in the blanks between the things we know about and those we have not a clue, do you think you will be able to hold back enough, or will you rush to the next statue before fully checking the base of this busk where you would of found a rusty key? (metaphorically speaking of course)
I always take my time and explore everything. I LOVE the little details. I don't like to move on unless I take in all the sights and scenary. I always think I'm gong to miss something.
I can and will hold back. :yesnod:

I did this in Oblivion around the towns, my characters agility and speed are quite high, so I can run fast, jump high, and jump far, and fall further without damage.

I love jumping from rooftop to rooftop aye!

I, for the most part, explore the worlds in games. Especially WindWaker I loved the part where you get the deed for the house and you could do those puzzles. I did like 4 and finally fell asleep. I think Ill do alot of exploring Twilight, as long as i dont get caught up in being one of the first finishing it.

woohoo double post..I love you stupid router

Last edited:
BlightedArt said:
@ KaDee: It'll be good to see Epona being more crucial in the game, but what other ways is Epona useful besides mounted battles? I haven't looked into the horse-riding aspect much, the only things I could pin her importance to is the large map (bigger than Oprah!) and again, the mounted battles.

I guess I see what you mean about the islands on WW, if they were close together it indeed would spark that fake feeling. It really does feel like you're sailing far and wide (and for some odd reason I even got that 'home sweet home' feeling when returning to Outset for the first time)... but if there was more to do on the open sea, like jump onto pirates boats when sailing alongside them and have a small duel with the 1 or 2 people on the boat, that'd be pretty cool.

The large map is what I was actually refering to, but I'll elborate...
KaDee said:
Its not even about the horse riding alone, although you will have access to mounted battles and the like, but the whole enormous combination of playing field AND the right amount of tasks and quests to fill it, making it plausible and necessary unlike WW, (EDIT) to have a faster mode of transport other then walking/running

About WW, the idea of fighting other pirates on the open sea, those are ideas that should of been incorperated and things I was hoping for on my 1st go through. If they ever made another game like that it should be like One Piece (the anime) adding in those sea battles.

okay, lets see...um, well, whenever I play a game, I absolutely feel like KILLING someone when they skip the talking...thats one patience I do have...I speak with everyone and check everything...I enjoy iy, because you have to understand, interpret and apply the information you get all over the place! Also, cutscenes are my friend...I watch everything! Whenever I play a game, I play it mostly for the story...after playing it once, I try to play it more story-wise the second time, playing it more accurately, finding more secrets, so on and so on...this is why Paper Mario was such a favourite with me...you could play it over and over, and always play with different partners, always making it more story-accurate..this is a weird way of playing, but this is me...take it or leave it;)

Mrjingles_23 said:
I absolutely feel like KILLING someone when they skip the talking
I'm a very quick reader and most of my friends aren't so when ever we're playing a game with reading thay get so pissed at me for reading so fast.. its not my fault there so slow

Mrjingles_23 said:
okay, lets see...um, well, whenever I play a game, I absolutely feel like KILLING someone when they skip the talking...thats one patience I do have...I speak with everyone and check everything...I enjoy iy, because you have to understand, interpret and apply the information you get all over the place! Also, cutscenes are my friend...I watch everything! Whenever I play a game, I play it mostly for the story...after playing it once, I try to play it more story-wise the second time, playing it more accurately, finding more secrets, so on and so on...this is why Paper Mario was such a favourite with me...you could play it over and over, and always play with different partners, always making it more story-accurate..this is a weird way of playing, but this is me...take it or leave it;)

I know what your saying, I too do like to read and watch EVERYTHING... on the 1st-2nd plays through, OR if I haven't played in AGES...
And about the story-accuracy, I too like to play closer to the story on the additional plays through, I did so mainly on Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3, because I knew the story from watching the Anime, so I would try and win battles specifiacally in the way the character did in the series/movie, or only USE moves they used.

Zaine06 said:
I like reading to. I rather read then see a long cut scene like on an RPG game.

Ah well we beg to differe there... I prefer a very detailed graphical FMV Sequence then text. I like reading dont get me wrong, but a nice sequence of say a battle or some other amazing feat by your character or someone/something else is what I like.

KaDee said:
Ah well we beg to differe there... I prefer a very detailed graphical FMV Sequence then text. I like reading dont get me wrong, but a nice sequence of say a battle or some other amazing feat by your character or someone/something else is what I like.

kadee, first off, great idea for a thread, personally im all about exploring and that is why the zelda series are my favorite games, there is so much extra going on it just rocks, I was curious how you felt about how link has been giving no offical "voice", (i know he grunts and yells when you fight) but no voice reading his lines in cutscenes. there is another thread about this also somewhere, i think on this forum...? personally I love that nintendo did not write in his own voice because i think it allows for players to sort of put in either their own voice or what they themselves imagine him to be instead of hearing a typical "voice actor" reading the adventure. It may seem small but its a huge way that nintendo has allowed us to feel even more part of the adventure :) and on the note of dreams like some of you guys are talking about, i have been dreaming about twilight princess for a few days in a row lol. cant wait for the game to come out, if it takes me two years to beat, id love it, there is gonna be so much fun stuff to do, miyamoto is the best, he loves playing games and he loves making great games, <3

rockyraccoon24 said:
...I was curious how you felt about how link has been giving no offical "voice", (i know he grunts and yells when you fight) but no voice reading his lines in cutscenes. there is another thread about this also somewhere, i think on this forum...? personally I love that nintendo did not write in his own voice because i think it allows for players to sort of put in either their own voice or what they themselves imagine him to be instead of hearing a typical "voice actor" reading the adventure. It may seem small but its a huge way that nintendo has allowed us to feel even more part of the adventure :)

I would have to go along with the majority, that Link shouldnt have a voice, I mean it would be good in parts that would normally ask for a comment/remark, i.e. a battle situation with a boss for instance, but then if they made him speak then, why not all the other times. So I think it is good they leave anything he does say is shown as ".........", in OoT anyway, which allows you as the player to imagine what he's saying and you can tell by the tone, from the characters reaction of whom he's speaking to.

Back