How many wiimotes can I sync to my wii?

sharpie

WiiChat Member
Dec 21, 2009
Hi,

I'm sort of new to the wii, but I have Guitar Hero 5 and would like to leave the remotes in the instruments. Since the wii can only support 4 remotes simultaneously, can I sync more than 4 remotes so long as no more than 4 are in use at any time? I would like to keep the remotes in the 2 guitars and the drum set and then have 4 more remotes for other games like wii sports. So, I would have 7 remotes but only use 4 at a time at most. Is this possible or does the wii only support *synching* 4 remotes?

Thx!

I guess I should point out that I don't want to be required to resync the remotes every time I go from Guitar Hero to Wii Sports using a different set of remotes. I'm sure any number of remotes *can* work but I'm not sure if resync'ing would be required. It will be a bigger pain to resync each time I switched remotes than to just take the remotes out of the instruments to use for Wii Sports. That's why I'm asking. :)

Well, I'm asking because I don't yet have the extra remotes and don't want to buy them if they won't work as I describe in my other 2 posts.

Hi,

I'm sort of new to the wii, but I have Guitar Hero 5 and would like to leave the remotes in the instruments. Since the wii can only support 4 remotes simultaneously, can I sync more than 4 remotes so long as no more than 4 are in use at any time? I would like to keep the remotes in the 2 guitars and the drum set and then have 4 more remotes for other games like wii sports. So, I would have 7 remotes but only use 4 at a time at most. Is this possible or does the wii only support *synching* 4 remotes?

Thx!
because of nintendo's lack to create more wii attachments it's possible we may never go further then 4 players at once :(

Back