How much are the downloadable N64 games going to cost?

Explosive Smurf

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
i remember hearing that u can download n64/super nintenda games right onto the wii. how much will they be? and when are they releasing them?

i dont know when they will be released, but all i know is that they are 2000 Wii points each title. so i think they sell those cards for $20 for 2000 points.

whoa whoa whoa. Are you sure it isnt 1000 points per N64 title? Thats what it is here in UK... SNES i think are 800, NES 500, not sure about sega- 600, 800? There are only a few games on launch, then more will come each and every monday... apparently... Ill see if i can find the list of the launch titles for you.

still, $10 is way to much for an N64 game....

are the games remakes with better graphics?

no, i was watching the video of regi anouncing the wii details back in september 15 and he says 2000 for each N64 title.

ZeLdA4LiFe said:
no, i was watching the video of regi anouncing the wii details back in september 15 and he says 2000 for each N64 title.

thats way to much.....

do u start out with wii credits?

This is for Europe, but im sure the points are the same around the world- you just pay difeerant amounts for the points...

Virtual Console games will be available to download using Wii Points. For the titles available in 2006, NES games will be available for 500 Wii Points (approximately €5), Super NES games will available for 800 Wii Points (approximately €8) and N64 games will be available for 1000 Wii Points (approximately €10). SEGA MEGA DRIVE games will be available for 800 Wii points and Turbografx (PC Engine) games will be available for 600 Wii points. Wii points required for titles available in 2007 may vary.

Wii Points Cards are available to buy in retail stores and are estimated to retail at around €20 for 2000 Wii Points.

Explosive Smurf said:
thats way to much.....

do u start out with wii credits?
nope. you gotta buy some card that has wii points. they sell them at walmart or gamestop. but $20 aint that much. c'mon, if you can spend over $300 for the Wii and Zelda TP, cant you get out an extra $20 to download Ocarina of Time??

how much € is $ ?

ZeLdA4LiFe said:
nope. you gotta buy some card that has wii points. they sell them at walmart or gamestop. but $20 aint that much. c'mon, if you can spend over $300 for the Wii and Zelda TP, cant you get out an extra $20 to download Ocarina of Time??

it will al add up, oot isnt hte only thing i had in mind, tho it'd be the first one on my wii. considering that after 8+ years im still stuck in the shadow temple....

Last edited:
chessaholic said:
All your questions answered with a very simple wikipedia search!

Virtual Console (Wii) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scroll down for pricing, then again for the list og games. Bear in mind not all of these games are available for launch (i.e...er...now..) but they all should be there by christmas i think...

+1

so its $10 after all.....

.....still to much

considering that i have 30 or more n64 games.....

im pretty sure you can call nintendo and get a code to download the game free if you give them the code to the original... that's what someone in line said

Back