How much battery life on wiimotes????

reddrob36

WiiChat Member
Feb 5, 2009
Ok, so I have had my Wii nearly a month now, and the battery low indicator comes on in the middle of a game of mario galaxy. Not bad the initial batteries that came with the wii (panasonic not that good by the way) are now dead. So I popped in a new set of energizers. I wonder is it worth it to invest in a rechargeable battery pack? Anyone have one, and how long does it take to charge and how long of a life do you get out of a charge. Three to Four weeks seems to be the average battery life for a set of alkalines under normal use. How much time do the rest of you get? The main reason I haven't got into a rechargable pack is that I don't usually get third party acessories. I can't believe nintendo doesn't have a licensed charger station and battery packs! Or at least I haven't seen them.

I recommend the rechargable pack because it saves money so you dont have to go to the store over and over again. My Nyko rechargable pack only took an hour and 30 minutes for it to charge.:eek:

i thought the rechargeing packs are gd, save on batterys. charges in a hour, lasts for a gd 10 hours

I'd go rechargable AA's over a pack, then when you don't use your Wii as much, you can stick 'em in your camera, or what-have-you.

I second the rechargable AAs. I use energizer rechargables and they last quite a while. Always have an extra set charged and ready to go and your set.

I just buy normal AA's and they seem to last me a long time. Rechargeable AA's is a good call too though.

get rechargeable AA's, not the battery pack. energizer or Sanyo AA's are the best IMO

I recommend the rechargable pack because it saves money so you dont have to go to the store over and over again. My Nyko rechargable pack only took an hour and 30 minutes for it to charge.:eek:
Yeah, no. I used that for a month until it wouldn't even charge the Riimotes. Use the Energizer Rechargeables.

Yeah, no. I used that for a month until it wouldn't even charge the Riimotes. Use the Energizer Rechargeables.

I've had my rechargable Nyko set for over a year and they still go strong. I recharge them all about once a week. and they wii gets lots of play time in my house.
-edit-
again, it depends on the type of user you are. Most companies don't tell you that the batteries need to be fully drained before recharged and fully chared before used again

Most companies don't tell you that the batteries need to be fully drained before recharged and fully chared before used again
and most of the battery packs are low volume (1000mah) and are old tech, and thus have a memory when being recharged. the energizers i use dont need to be completely dead to recharge them fully.

psh get serious. you should be able to prove your point before you start calling people liars.
The charge station uses NiMH batteries.

Obviously they use NiMH...

Question:

Do Energizer® NiMH Rechargeable batteries have to be fully drained before recharging? Do they have a “memory”?

Answer:

No. Energizer® NiMH Rechargeable batteries do not have the memory problems typically associated with older Nickel Cadmium rechargeable battery technology. NiMH Rechargeable batteries can be recharged after a few hours of use or whenever convenient. If batteries have been stored for more than 1 month, be sure to recharge before using to maximize power.

Happy now?

http://www.energizer.com/products/hightech-batteries/rechargeables/faq/Pages/faq2.aspx

Interesting ideas. I have actually had a bad experience with rechargable energizers. Bought some for our DVR remotes that seem to eat allot of batteries. I charged them up, didn't seem to get much life before they needed to be charged again. When we put freshly recharged batteries in remotes that we don't use allot (spare bedrooms) when you got ready to use them they were dead as doornobs!

Back