How much do you expect out of BRAWL?..

Vedelkin10

Henshin A Go Go Baby!
May 31, 2007
Well to it be the basic things like more characters and levels.. But really As i want the character count to go all the way to 50, I also want to notice the little things in the game, just like simple jumping, But at the landing point you see all of his joints move and swing like as if you were really jumping, And heck maby a rag doll system, Imagine being link and just Bash'in little rag doll dudes down the twilight bridge. But what i really want to see Is them taking full on advatage of Wii's memory, It has more cababilties than the GC, and that let's hope that these little things do come in handy, I mean i'm the kind of person who wants to see things that are realisticly in games, And i think that always hitting a rag doll with your super PWNAGE character is always a great feeling for everygamer.. But i do want to see alot more out of brawl than just some remade Graphics x-x.. Anyways.. I always wanted to see a item that works like a sabre, But it's only actually a broad sword, Or a bastar sword Imagine being meta knight with something like that :O!.. Anyways,

So what do you exspect out of HAL. LABS?..

Well, Havok is lending Nintendo their physics engine for Brawl, so we may see something a little more like Rag Doll.

Personally, I'm not sure what else to expect from Brawl...

...Breakfast in bed maybe?

I just want Brawl to play some games with my friends and generally enjoy what the game has to offer. I am not really expecting too much, just basic gaming entertainment.

Squall7 said:
Well, Havok is lending Nintendo their physics engine for Brawl, so we may see something a little more like Rag Doll.

Personally, I'm not sure what else to expect from Brawl...

...Breakfast in bed maybe?

what do u mean? ragdoll?

MySims said:
what do u mean? ragdoll?
Ragdoll is a type of physics used in games that basically emulates how a rag doll would react. Say for example, the rag doll got shot in the shoulder. The shoulder would move backwards as if hit, but the rest of the body remains (roughly. The sizes obviously would have to be conserved and as such, the whole body would react pretty much as a rag doll does).

It's very different, because before, we only had quite standard death movements. Think of Goldeneye, when you were killed, your body flopped to the floor in a pre-determined way. Rag doll physics is different because it's basically calculating where the blow was and how hard, thus making it dependent on how they died.

I know it's not exactly a reliable site, but here's the wikipedia entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rag_Doll_Physics

Early video games used manually-created animations for characters' death sequences. This had the advantage of low CPU usage, as all that was needed to animate a "dying" character was choose from a set number of pre-drawn animations.

As computers increased in power, it became possible to do limited real-time physical simulations. A ragdoll is therefore a collection of multiple rigid bodies (each of which is ordinarily tied to a bone in the graphics engine's skeletal animation system) tied together by a system of constraints that restrict how the bones may move relative to each other. When the character dies, their body begins to collapse to the ground, honouring these restrictions on each of the joints' motion, which often looks more realistic.

The term ragdoll comes from the problem that the articulated systems, due to the limits of the solvers used, tend to have little or zero joint/skeletal muscle stiffness, leading to a character collapsing much like a toy rag doll, often into comically improbable or compromising positions.

The first game to exhibit ragdoll physics was the Jurassic Park licensed game Jurassic Park: Trespasser, which received very polar opinions; most were negative. The game had a large number of bugs but was remembered for being a pioneer in video-game physics engines.

Modern use of ragdoll physics goes beyond death sequences — there are fighting games where the player controls one part of the body of the fighter and the rest follows along, such as Rag Doll Kung Fu.

Oh, and the Havok engine:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Havok_physics_engine

yeh i think it does use rag doll, if you look at the new movie of brawl that just came out (snake vs mario) in the middle of it when snake boards his flying gadget thingo, you can see his legs swing, and it looks rather ragdoll'ish. man the graphics look shweet for ssbb

I'm expecting it to be like the other super smash games. Fun. ^^

People sometimes tend to raise their expectations so high, that no matter how good the game is, they're disappointed. So I strongly recommend you not think about that too much. ^_~

ime not really saying that about the ragdoll because i think it would imrove the game enormosely, ime just saying it because thats what the topic was, the only thing i think that ragdoll would improve in a game like supersmash, is the people watching you play will think it looks cooler and it would feel more immersive when playing. and from the video i just watched, i know i cant be dissapointed in this game :wink:

I'm expecting a great game, and it seems like they're packing so many modes, and random playable features. It's looking great!!

i expect this game to be one of if not the top selling wii game

All I am expecting is for it to be better than Melee was.
And its already looking ten times better.

If it plays well, I am satisfied.

Back