How much money did the consoles make?

electricsashimi

WiiChat Member
Apr 9, 2007
Just wondering how much you guys think how much was made out of these next gen consoles

For every PS3 and XBOX sold, there was no profit, in fact the hardware costs and manufacuturing costed even more then what it was sold for.

I think they want to make this up from the profits in games, but since PS3 is was such a failure, I don't think they made much.

The Wii however earned every console sold, and is selling very well since I have been trying to get my hands on one for the past month, and I still don't have one.

what do you guys think?

Oh My God....:frown2:

What will the next noob post next....no seriously you guys I'm about to hurl...

How old are you MasterJedi? Seriously, all I see from you is immature bitching. You're entitled to your opinion of course, but make it something worth wasting my time reading at least.

I know the Wii makes money on each console sold but does anyone know who much the initial development cost of the Wii was.

Nintendo probably makes $US30 from each of the 6000000 console. This adds up to $18000000. I'm pretty sure the development costs of the Wii were far in excess of this.

Skorp said:
How old are you MasterJedi? Seriously, all I see from you is immature bitching. You're entitled to your opinion of course, but make it something worth wasting my time reading at least.

21 ***** and are you actually condoning this crap? I mean really? He answered his own question basically. And its not like he couldn't search (either on this forum or 1 min on google). Besides the fact that almost everyone in the gaming industry knows that Nintendo is making a little profit off every Wii sold. So yeah I was ass to him. Are you going to reach across the internet and strangle me? Lol...please get real. This **** is beyond ridiculous.

Next thing you know his next question will be, "Will the Nintendo Wii have Online?"

Wiily Good is the only person here with a valid point. No one seems to take into consideration R&D when it comes to cost of the console.

MasterJedi2U said:
21 ***** and are you actually condoning this crap? I mean really? He answered his own question basically. And its not like he couldn't search (either on this forum or 1 min on google). Besides the fact that almost everyone in the gaming industry knows that Nintendo is making a little profit off every Wii sold. So yeah I was ass to him. Are you going to reach across the internet and strangle me? Lol...please get real. This **** is beyond ridiculous.

Next thing you know his next question will be, "Will the Nintendo Wii have Online?"

Dont be so harsh on people, if its so bad, why did you come to this thread anyway, and who calls others bitches? Do you have gender issues or something?

I don't have the exact break down right now, but it costs $210 for Nintendo to make a Wii. That's $40 profit for every Wii sold.

MasterJedi2U said:

you_win_the_prize.jpg

LOL

I don't know about the PS3 or 360 but I know that Nintendo made £23,ooo,ooo more than they Expected. And that amount put on top of whatever they were expecting is alot

yeah futureshop makes 33 dollars per wii! this was after the wii went up 10bucks in price...right when it came out...they made 23!

source->i work at a futureshop and i asked my boss!

MasterJedi2U said:

I wasted my time reading his post, don't waste my time reading yours too is all I'm saying. Someone else might have found it interesting or at least it might start a conversation. If you believe it is useless to you, it is a viable option to skim it and move on without throwing out rubbish.

The OP has the right to post whatever they wish and you have the right to ignore it because you are far superior.

I've learned from this thread about how much nintendo makes in profit from each wii. I've had the opportunity to consider how much this profit actually is in relation to production and development costs for the wii. Of course I could have googled this information or done a search but I didn't really wake up this morning with these questions, accompanied by a pressing desire to find their answer. I know now though and it's good to know.

Now I am going to reach out and strangle you. Because I can.

Last edited:
rooskie54 said:
I don't have the exact break down right now, but it costs $210 for Nintendo to make a Wii. That's $40 profit for every Wii sold.

you_win_the_prize.jpg
actually it cost like $180 something i believe they claimed, and anylsts i believe estimated it cost around $139-40 really

and yah, he basically answered his own question...
but besides that, this isnt a question you ask people like us, what are we gonna do, pull charts out of our asses?
i better question would be Who do you think will sell the most consoles in the long-run?
this question is basically like asking: How many nukes do you think China will build before attacking us?

Last edited:
A few comments and then I'm off to bed.

1) I want to thank the Academcy for the Award. I'll treasure it forever.

2) Still waiting on the stranglehold

3) This thread was useless since already someone put out false information on how much profit the Wii creates for Nintendo (I don't know who but its got to be one or the other.

4) I'm not being harsh. Its called being real. Like sovieto said any perosn with common sense would realize that information like that can be found easily on Google within minutes. Does he expect us to post charts, figures, and monthly statements detailing how much money Nintendo is making? On TOP of that he answered his own friggin question! I don't know what more screams, "I'm a NOOB who wants attention and will do anything, post anything, and claim anything to get it! Including threads that contain form or another of OMG!"

The bottom is that yes there was a point where EVERYONE was a newbie to this forum. However I'm willing to bet we didn't start random trash threads like this just to get noticed. And by condoning crap like that you make it more acceptable for others to quickly register and post more verbage.

Back