How powerful will the Wii be?

The true Link said:
l the nez was a 16 bit
the snez was a 32 bit
n64 was a 64 bit
gamecube 128 bit

so the wii will b a 252 bit .. or summin like that

oh buy the way i have no idea what i just typed and what it means
Actually, the NES was 8-bit (hence 8-bit theatre), the SNES was 16-bit. Sony and Saturn were 32-bit, but Nintendo jumped to 64-bit with N64. If I remember correctly...:D

And its also well designed compared to the PS2. Just coz it has lower numbers in one aspect of its hardware specs in comparision to other consoles doesn't mean that it sucks as most people like to see that way nowdays... \/\/

OMFG! The PS2 has DVD reading and its really nifty and has best graphics blah blah blah...

Hey man! Look at my XBOX man! Its really cool and has a better CPU than the G4ycube! And it also has a DVD player in it and better games in it such as Halo, TimeSplitters etc which are way cooler than those kiddy mario games that come out with the G4ycube!!!

You know what would be awesome? If we got nearer to the release date and Nintendo released a statement saying "You know when we said we weren't focussing on graphics? We may have lied just a little bit ;)" and then released the real specs on the Wii which were like double what they are now. I know this is wishful thinking but really, everyones like "This is as good as it gets because Nintendo said so" ... well ...surely they then have the right to change whatever statement they want right? Just saying it would be kickass and annoy the hell out of Sony and Microsoft.

[EDIT] Wasn't this article released in May? Could still be relevant I know but that IS a while...

Last edited:
someone get rid of this guy.

I think it will will be way more powerful than the original xbox, but not as powerful as the PS3 or xbox360. It will probably start off looking similar, but as developers get their skills up on multicore processors, the xbox 360 and ps3 will move foward where the Wii will bottleneck. This would sound like a bad thing if it wasn't what Nintendo wanted. An affordable good system.

Back