How reliable is the 360 as today?

highroller

WiiChat Member
Sep 23, 2007
How good are the 360 consoles doing in these days?

Still occurring Red Ring of Death?
Disc reading freezes?
Black Screens while playing (halted game)?

I am wondering if it is reliable enough to get another one. I had one a year and a half ago, but I returned it to the store due to problems like the ones mentioned above

Did Microsoft already fix their console, so it is good and reliable?

Thanks. I want an honest opinions. I am trying to give the 360 another opportunity

The 360s technical issues are not that frequent anymore.. Give it another chance.

The ones they're selling now & shipping after fixing are very reliable.

yeh i already knew about that stuff. Thats how the towel trick came about. Wrapping it up and letting it cook just so the little metal joints would melt and restick to the proper spot. But it would only last a while. I think the biggest problem was the metal joints melting and spreading across the motherboard.

But apparently the newer version has a better motherboard called 65nm Falcon Chipset or something. It has a better heatsink to it keeps it cooler and more quiet. Its supposed to be faster too. I would say its more reliable now, though nothing is perfect. I got one of the older versions and I never had anything bad happen to it. Its frozen like 2-3 times playing Oblivion, but I dont think that had anything to do with my console, it had to do with the game itself.

i just recently got my 360 back from the repair center. so far it seems to be working just fine, but i'm still very nervous everytime i use it. i got a fan to kind of help with the cooling, but since there are so many things that can cause a failure, i'm still not letting my guard down.

In the 5 or 6 months which I've had my 360, I've only had about 3 disk freezes, no black screens, and no RROD :p. You shouldn't worry too much about the RROD because you've got a 3 year warrenty covering that, I'm not sure if the 'falcon' consoles are being sold at the moment, but you should try picking up one of them as they produce less heat.

ive had a 360 for over a year now and ive never had a problem with it. id say its more reliable then it used to be, and of course there is always gonna be a risk of it breaking or something. i say give it another shot. if it happens again then just forget about the 360. its a great system so give it another shot.

id say get one...
microsoft said they fixed it and spend over a billion dollars
i dont think they want to spend another billion fixing them

as long as its the new 1ns, (some even come with hdmi cables) i think theres no problems with those

They didn't actually spend a billion. That was just a projected number they threw out there in prediction how much they could spend fixing/replacing them through out Xbox 360's lifespan. But since they have been lowering the failure rates I doubt it will hit 1 billion.

the 360 is more reliable then it used to be, right now is a great time to buy one, because the red rings arent as common

Back