How the heck I am supposed to buy a Wii !?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkAlfx

WiiChat Member
Feb 4, 2008
I live in canada and all the stores near where I live are Wii-Empty.
I asked in all these stores when they expect their next shipment and nobody knew when.

I'm going to call 3 stores daily from now on.

Does anyone have an idea of what days during the week they recieve their shipments??

I really need help.

Thanks

Google search "wii locator" and try out some of those websites. That's how I found mine.

Chewy said:
Google search "wii locator" and try out some of those websites. That's how I found mine.

I tried it, no luck.
Most of them don't work or doesn't even cover the stores where I live.

:sad:

Any online buyer, you could make a deal with an over-seas friend, etc.

When I saw the topic title "How the heck I am supposed to buy a Wii!?" I thought a few things, mostly as a laugh, those would be "With money" and "heck I am? Wha?" others may indulge in giggles too :p

Sunday mornings seem to be popular for most retailers. Otherwise, just make a daily stop by your stores if they're close enough...that's what I did...I found one on day 3 of my searching :)

I used a wii locator myself, got a tip on a target, took over 2 weeks, I got mine a year ago though. You can check www.slickdeals.net daily, there are usually posts when online retailers have some in stock.

you can try asking employeyes whenever you are in a store that sells wiis when they are re-stocking thats how my parents got mine..

Last edited:
Good luck finding yours up there in Mooseland.

I didn't even realize there was still a shortage until this last weekend. I bought a new HDTV and said "I'd might as well get a Wii to go with this." The sales associate at Best Buy gave me that "Yeah, SURE you will buddy" look and explained to me the situation.

That was Friday night. Saturday morning I woke up and called every retailer as they opened to find out if they had Wii's and, if they didn't (none of them did), I'd also ask how many they usually got in their shipments and when the delivery trucks would come in. I was able to get mine Sunday morning of that same weekend. I don't know if this will help you in Canada (US-FL here), but maybe somebody will find my results useful.

All retailers confirmed orders of Wii's come in THREES. All confirmed no reserving (first come, first serve).

Gamestop/EB: Get their trucks M-F, never announce when they have Wii's since usually small shipments, and orders come in between 10AM-2PM (if they're really late).

Wal-Mart: Delivery truck comes in on Wednesday and/or Sunday, but three different Wal-Marts confirmed Wii's only come in on the Wednesday delivery. Truck arrives 10AM.

Target, Circuit City, Best Buy: Sometimes go weeks without getting any Wii's in. When they do, they'll have them posted in the weekly ads. HOWEVER, because the supply of Wii's is very low, don't be fooled into thinking that they'll have plenty: THEY WON'T. The line started forming 4 hours before the Circuit City opened this last weekend and they had 30 people in line before 10AM (only 15 Wii's though, their prior shipment a month before that was only 6). If they don't have them in their weekly ads, it's either because they didn't receive a shipment or they received a very small shipment and want to wait for more to come in. In other words, the probability of them selling them increases with each week so if you don't see them in their ads for two weeks, keep checking and when you will they'll have enough to justify it (but not enough to keep them on the shelf for more than one day).

K-mart and CompUSA: Never researched them since they aren't even competent enough to handle phone transfers to their electronics/game departments.

Hope this helps someone and hope everybody likes my first post on these forums.

Your post helped me greatly isomewiid Ill call everyday around the time you said and Ill see if it fits what you told me.

DarkAlfx said:
Your post helped me greatly isomewiid Ill call everyday around the time you said and Ill see if it fits what you told me.

Yeah, that's the gist of everything I said. It never hurts to call Gamestop (or other retailers that get M-F Wii's) every day and just ask. Hell, it never hurts to call anybody unless they tell you the truck only comes in on X day.

Best of luck!

EDIT: Post your results here so other Canadians have a good reference, too. Don't be surprised if your results are different than mine since we're using two separate postal carriers (UPS and FedEx here in the states)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back