How to bowl a strike in WiiSports: Bowling

Brawny

Anglophobiphile
Dec 15, 2006
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Wii Online Code
5385-4035-7079-0395
Meh, Here's a speech I had to do a while back. Don't mind the weird intro, conclusion, and "3 s's". I was forced to put those in.

I thought it was all cleared up before, but there have been misconceptions popping up again :yikes: :crazy:

Attachments

• how to bowl a strike.doc
    14.5 KB · Views: 1,139
Good guide for those who are new to wii sports or just can't get it down:smilewinkgrin:

Just got a couple things to add

"The speed of the ball is simply determined by the speed that you swing your arm."
The speed is determined by how quickly the wii-mote goes from angle 1 to angle 2 (doing a shorter swing slowly could have the same effect as a longer more natural swing done quickly).

I've also noticed that releasing the ball sooner/lower results in a faster ball as well as more curve where as releasing high will result in a slower ball and little curve.

Nice little guide. I think part of the fun of wii bowling is the fact that you can get a strike in such a variety of ways. Also the 91 pin strike trick in the training mode is cool too :)

@both of ya, Of course I know those things. I don't want n00bs to get confused, as the original audience was a bunch of ps3 button-masher people.

I don't want to say too much, especially the straight ball thing, because they will start TRYING to bowl straight. I wanted to emphasize the natural aspect of the wii, not the exact technicalities in the formulas. Get what I'm saying?

I don't want to point out exactly how the system works. When explaining bowing to n00bs, I want to keep it as natural and laid-back as possible.

Got it now?

Also: where have you been man?

WHAT sorry mate

think you put way too much crap into that

it's good okay all it's missing is the aerodynamic explan lol

but i find it's best to:
and again sorry

HOLD B
WAIT UNTIL PERSON STOPS
THEN SWING ARM AT EITHER VERY SLOW OR VERY FAST IN AND UPWARDS MOTION
DOESN'T REALLY MATTER WHEN YOU LET GO BUT
LET GO WHEN YOU THINK ITS ABOUT RIGHT
TILT YOUR WRIST SLIGHTLY LEFT IF YOU AT THE START PRESSED
ON THE D-PAD LEFT OR RIGHT TO CRUVE IT

IF DONE RIGHT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GET A PERFECT STRIKE

MAX I'VE GOT SO FAR IS

10 STRIKES IN A ROW

A TRIPLE TURKEY+1

:yikes: :yikes: :crazy: :lol: :smilewinkgrin:

like I said, it's a speech. The crap was mandatory.

and you go with the guy, don't wait till he stops... :nonod:

Yours had the better one, defiantly.
lilg has the hacker gamestyle it seems. Doesn't matter if you have fun or not, as long as you get a highscore.
Yours (Brawny's) had more of telling how it worked so it'd be easier for people to find their own method.
I'd rep if I could :p

Back