How to change wireless router channels?

Link_

The Hero Of Time
Nov 22, 2006
Puerto Rico
Wii Online Code
3401-8126-5359-2546
ive read somewhere if i have problems with the wi fi conection,to change channels to 11 or something,but i dont know how to do that,can anyone help?

Get to the settings of your router (usually, you go into your internet browser and type in the router's IP address, if you havn't changed it then it is most likely either 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1) then you'll have to search arround for a little bit, different manufacturers put it in different places. If there is a "Wireless" tab, that is your best bet.

tried but nothing,cant seem to find the router.

To get into the settings you need to change your computers IP adress so it falls under the same subnet as your wireless-router, so it your router is 192.168.1.1 change your computer IP to ex. 192.168.1.20 and subnet mask to: 255.255.255.0
Then try to get in with IE

um change the basic rate on the wireless 1-2 migbites i got a Linksys WRT54GC routor plus a Linksys WAP54GWAP with 50% speed booster see the PSP and nintendo ds has the same as PS3 and Wii wireless card in side 802.11B the rate to the single is high you need to lower it i know i had the same thing before my DS did not go online lol and IGN that wanted to show off the internet on the wii could not get in it they had to lower the basic rate lol in the routor hahaha :lol:

Back