How to choose a Rockband version?

Fuzzydog

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2009
ARghhh! This is driving me crazy. I have been introduced to GH and RB by my kids and the general consensus is that Rockband is the way to go for the wii. We don't have any instruments, so we are looking to buy a bundle. The internets is great for a lot of things but I haven't been able to find the definitive answer to this question:

If I buy the Beatles edition of Rockband (bundle with instruments), am I getting the latest and greatest version, and instruments? Or do I need to find a Rockband 2 bundle?

I live in a relatively small town and can't locate Rockband 2 bundle anywhere but most stores have piles of Rockband Beatles edition bundles, and the special beatles edition (I like the Beatles ok, but not hardcore). I would be willing to buy the Beatles edition if it gets me good instruments, and then buy the rockband 2 game only for the songs.

So, anyone have the definitive answer? Are the Beatles edition instruments the same calibre as the Rockband 2 instruments?

TIA

http://www.rockband.com/compatibility
That will help you find out what works with what

Thank you for that info, but I was looking for more in depth info.
For example, the table shows the RB guitar compatible with RB2, but if you use an RB2 guitar playing RB2, do you get a better 'experience'? Same thing with the beatles instruments - it says they will work, but not which ones are preferred.

Maybe I am overthinking this and it doesn't really matter? - just get a guitar, drums and mic and start rocking?

Just get the interments and enjoy

I made the same call a month ago. I went with the RB2 bundle. The guitar is better and the RB2 drums let you add optional cymbals (which is key for me, as I'm actually using RB to learn some specific drum tabs). OTOH, the Beatles RB bundle comes with the RB1 drums (no cymbal ports) and the RB1 guitar, which is less responsive (the strum bar is springier too) and doesn't auto-calibrate.

I've seen the RB2 bundle for $100 at several stores, including Gamestop and either Walmart or Target. So, I got the RB2 bundle plus Beatles RB for $160, just $10 more than the Beatles bundle alone, which gave me a better guitar, better drums, plus the RB2 game.

Thanks DrMoze - that was the info I was looking for. Just popped for a RB2 at walmart for $159 Can. Somebody's little girl will be very happy this xmas...

Back