How to connect to internet with wii?

hey

Hehe, yea it would probably be a nice idea to just switch your Nintendo Wii on, and try to access the Internet Channel or whatever. If you are really lucky, you may be living in a WiFi hotspot, and beable to access the internet on the Nintendo Wii with nothing extra :).

cyas

Slade said:
Just to go back to the original guys post, he says he does not have a computer, So if he got an ISP wouldnt it be enough to just have the modem straight to the Wii. Does he really need a router? Can the Wii's WIFI USB adapter plug into a modem? These are questions, do not flame me, i have seen several posts in this thread flamed for no reason. I just do not have a large amount of "know how" on wireless stuff.

Yeah, Slade, that depends, most routers, and even modems need to be setup (at least initially) via a computer. That being said, you may be able to use Opera to access your router and modem (I haven't heard anything to say you can or can't - I'll try it when I get mine and let you know).

If you can use Opers to access your modem / router's admin panel, then yes, you can get a Broadband ISP and either use the USB -> Ethernet adaptor ($30)and plug directly into your modem, or buy a Wireless Router ($30)

Personally, I'd recommend the first one, because you usually can't configure your modem if you're behind a router. Which means that if you had the WiFi setup that I described above, you'd have to have something to setup the modem (at least initially - maybe your ISP will do a free setup / installation), which means you'd have to have something wired into the modem. Using the USB -> Ethernet adaptor sidesteps this potential problem.

i'm a gamer that has played online games before, tho only through my pc, and i know very little about wireless

sorry if this is basic question, but at the moment i use a adsl modem that connects through the phone line to my computer via a tomson 330 (i think) broadband modem (USB). with this service once i turn my computer on i have to dial in, that is to say it isn't permenantly on (unless my computers on full time). i was just wondering my options:

1)will the wii be able to connect to the interent via this adsl modem

2)if i was to get a wireless modem-router with its own power source would it be always on broadband, so i could use it with my wii, or would i always have to have a computer on aswell to sigh/dial myself in?

ps i hate not living in a cable zone, it makes broadband all that harder share and get to grips with! grumble grumble, hehe

Damnit when is this browser gonna be up im checking every 3 seconds

Hmm.. I have a piece of hardware my broadband ISP gave to me, I dunno whether or not it's a router, but It has a ethernet cable, USB,and DSL slot. I was wondering if I could still use my Nintendo Wii over the internet with this.

If that was directed towards me: Dunno, never tried using the USB cable I have before. Would that work?

broadband

Hi i have broadband but its not wireless and I have it upstairs in my house and the Wii is downstairs is there any way that I can get the internet without moving them?

i was wondering what kind of wireless router i should buy to be compatible with it, or any special equipment i might need. i'm not as great with computers as some others so if you just put a link to one i could buy on amazon, best buy, etc. that would be great

thanks!

unable to connect

I am having so much trouble with this wii. When I first bought it, the wii connected fine. I didn't play it for about 2 weeks and now it would not connect. I play around with wifi adapter settings and got it to work long enough to download the weather channel. A couple of seconds later I try the virtual console and it will not work. It's been broke ever since. I have comcast internet anyone else having a problem like this.

a-little help.....

ok, I know that you can have a router to hook you up to the internet, but i dont have the money!!:scared: I used it all on buying a wii. i dont have any idea how to get the internet on without buying a wi-fi USB adapter or a router. does anyone have any suggestions......???

I wonder if I could use my DS Wifi USB thing. It lets me go WiFi on DS, could do the same for my Wii. But first I better buy Opera.

Omg!

dds shut up ya waste ya chat pure poo stop slavin away at runescape ya sado n by da way it ent dds no more its ddp++ drag dag poison ++
p.s.your sado :incazzato:

Back