How to connect wii to net with no wireless internet

Savin4aWii

True Blue Aussie
Aug 21, 2007
Wii Online Code
7045-1548-9336-9002
i have had my wii for about a month now a i want to connect it to the internet but i dont have wireless or lan i only have a computer connected 2 the net is there anything i can do to connect it to the internet? eg. A cable or somethin'???

If u can help plz

where do u plug it in 2 yr wii
:idea:

Last edited:
Savin4aWii said:
where do u plug it in 2 yr wii
:cool:
you plug it into one of the 2 USB ports on the back panel of
the Wii.

you then connect the LAN adaptors ethernet port to a suitable
ethernet cable and then into a spare ethernet port on your PC.

follow the instructions to get the connection working.

FR3344LL said:
you plug it into one of the 2 USB ports on the back panel of
the Wii.

you then connect the LAN adaptors ethernet port to a suitable
ethernet cable and then into a spare ethernet port on your PC.

follow the instructions to get the connection working.

That's if you PC has a spare ethernet port. I plugged it into the wall (which leads to a router) just as Nintendo described it. I think this would give less problems than when it's connected to a PC.

i dont have a spare ethernet cable with my modem so i might have to get the wifi connecter which u plugin into ur usb (seems easy enough):aureola:

Savin4aWii said:
i dont have a spare ethernet cable with my modem so i might have to get the wifi connecter which u plugin into ur usb (seems easy enough):aureola:

Just make sure you've got XP running on your PC.

You can use the Wifi usb dongle if you have XP. But if you get a LAN adapter (wired connection), make sure you plug it directly into your modem rather than to your PC (not sure it will even work like that). As far as the wired connection goes, you will probably have to unplug your modem every time (to reset PC settings) plus have to change out the wires when you wanna hook up the Wii; it can be alot of hassle. Heard lots of stuff about the usb dongle messing up and not working, etc. Why not just get a router?

i do have xp but i dont have a laptop so there wouldnt be any point getting a router. And with the usb wifi thing i have a DS so it'll work 4 that as well
:yesnod:
P.S Like my Avatar?

Last edited:
Savin4aWii said:
i do have xp but i dont have a laptop so there wouldnt be any point getting a router. And with the usb wifi thing i have a DS so it'll work 4 that as well
:yesnod:
P.S Like my Avatar?

Why would you need a laptop to use a router?

cause there would be no point gettin a internet router if i am goin to use it just 4 my wii

Fredvdp said:
Why would you need a laptop to use a router?
I think that he means that his desktop is plugged straight into the modem and he doesn't want to buy a router. He's assuming that there's no use for the router since he doesn't have any wireless devices.

To the original poster: you should indeed buy a wireless router. Not only will it solve your Wii connection problems (for not much more money than the Wii LAN adapter!), but it will give you firewall protection for your PC and you'll have a wireless network so you can allow friends, etc. with laptops to come over and use it. Trust me--it's worth it.

Back