How To Connect?

mikeytk

WiiChat Member
Mar 18, 2007
Right first of all, sorry if I sound like a total idiot, i'm new to this online thing.

I have an ADSL connection with modem from my phoneline to my PC. How (if i can) do i connect it to my Wii? Do i just get a Lan adapter, plug it in and hey presto!...it isnt usually that simple.

Thanks for any help

Mike

x

well i have a nintendo wifi usb connector

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wi-Fi-USB-Connector/dp/B000CBWQUY

i stick it in the usb port on the computer and take down my wire walls etc so it can get through to my wii ( the wii has a wireless reciever to connect to the internet built in )

basically once you get this baby you can connect...just to to the wii sign in the bottom corner/go on wii settings/internet/choose your way of connecting/ connection test..........and it should say connection was successful.

Then go to wii shop channel to get voting channel, opera browser.....and also news and forcast channel will become available....

you can use a lan adapter but i would reccomend the method i just said.....

have fun and welcome to the forums

Oh ok, I thought i had to have a wireless internet connection on my PC to use that.

Thanks alot i'll get one when i'm not so skint :mad:

Cheers

Mike

x

thats ok, ye i thought you had to but it acts a the wireless connector....if you have a wireless router (which you dont ) then you can just connect but i dont so i got the usb thing

Ok, I might sound dumb...BUt I have a Lan adapter and i wanted to know does it always have to be plugged into the computer, because my wii is in my room (upstairs) and my pc is downstairs! And i cba to keep going up and down. I thought that once I did it once I could just unplug it from my computer and it would carry a wireless siginal. :confused:
But if it doesnt do you know any sites where i can get a usb connector thing for cheap?

geez, those wifi things only have one purpose and they're almost $40? that kind of sux...you can get a wireless router for that price and it's much more useful in different ways such as getting laptops online easily without ethernet, I suggest the wireless router since the nintendo wifi probably only gets the DS and wii online...not much else it could do.

Back